Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Since you’ve got the shifter cover plate off, why not remove the one micro switch retaining clip and look for a model # on the opposite side? Then head to eBay or Mouser?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
OK thanks.

As for the Junkyard, they will charge me the entire shifter assembly as well. I'm sure hundred
Since you’ve got the shifter cover plate off, why not remove the one micro switch retaining clip and look for a model # on the opposite side? Then head to eBay or Mouser?
i looked didn't see anything, ill look again this weekend

·
Registered
72 Posts
i looked didn't see anything, ill look again this weekend
If there’s no ID info on it, It may be a switch made specifically for this purpose by Matsushita. That’s not to say you can’t source a similar one. I came across another thread on this issue. Unfortunately post #3 talks about not being able to find a replacement.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I think nissan used several different switches depending on year. My 2008 switch the lever attaches differently than yours. You should be able to find a long lever microswitch that will do the job.

·
Registered
103 Posts
What if you tried a couple of U-pull yards? Look at frontier's and xterras and possibly some pathfinders? You could pull that sensor out and it would almost cost you nothing.
Just a thought

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
If there’s no ID info on it, It may be a switch made specifically for this purpose by Matsushita. That’s not to say you can’t source a similar one. I came across another thread on this issue. Unfortunately post #3 talks about not being able to find a replacement.

That thread has nothing to do with my issue, unless you linked it wrong, thats about not being to shift past neutral

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
What if you tried a couple of U-pull yards? Look at frontier's and xterras and possibly some pathfinders? You could pull that sensor out and it would almost cost you nothing.
Just a thought

they will not let you just pull the sensor out, it has to be the entire shifter assembly, just like the dealership.

they aren't stupid. they have part #'s for everything,

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
my bad! his description just sounds weird, why would park have anything to do with the metal lever, and the switch.
either way thanks dude, yea I plan on taking it out, taking pictures and sending it to all the microswitch companies to see what they think.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I plan on taking it out, taking pictures and sending it to all the microswitch companies to see what they think.
No switch manufacturer is going to bother with researching your pictures, just for the possibility of selling you one $4 switch.

If you get any response at all, it'll be a polite version of "Do your own legwork, pal!"

·
Registered
103 Posts
they will not let you just pull the sensor out, it has to be the entire shifter assembly, just like the dealership.

they aren't stupid. they have part #'s for everything,
Lol have you ever gone to a u-pull yard? There's isn't a guy standing there watching you pull the part out and no they dont have part numbers.. LMAO!! You really think that every scrap car they get they will punch in every part number from the factory for that vehicle? - NO.

Their parts are listed as sensors or consols and such... Not 2012 Nissan frontier shifter assembly part number 4837****.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Lol have you ever gone to a u-pull yard? There's isn't a guy standing there watching you pull the part out and no they dont have part numbers.. LMAO!! You really think that every scrap car they get they will punch in every part number from the factory for that vehicle? - NO.

Their parts are listed as sensors or consols and such... Not 2012 Nissan frontier shifter assembly part number 4837****.
This is what I would do.. even though their not what they use to be, you still run into those guys that say .. yea go ahead man, or yea just give me a couple bucks.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

actually I worked at one for a little, so yea unless I go into the truck STEAL it and come back and just tell them I found nothing, I will tell them I pulled this metal lever out of the shifter, its all I need. and yes they will have a part # for it, it's 2020 now.

·
Registered
503 Posts
yea dude I got that, lol . its not going to 1, it will not show 1, and i don't think anyone will have an answer other than shelling out thousands to nissan now
Isn’t powertrain wty 100k miles?

·
Registered
103 Posts
actually I worked at one for a little, so yea unless I go into the truck STEAL it and come back and just tell them I found nothing, I will tell them I pulled this metal lever out of the shifter, its all I need. and yes they will have a part # for it, it's 2020 now.
That sucks.. that's not how it works here. I go into the yard, pull whatever it is I need and come back to the counter (Oh that's a sensor) they charge me for some random sensor. I'm also not advising you to steal... We still don't have part numbers here because it's basically useless, the turn over is to quick so there's no time for them to analyse each car to see what part is physically available in that particular model. They have one set price for each part, doesn't matter what vehicle it came from.

Here's an example of one of the yards in Ottawa Prices on used auto parts - Auto parts store | Kenny U-Pull They price everything per part and not per specific vehicle.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Look on craigslist for a private seller parting out a Frontier / Xterra / Pathfinder.
Might be able to buy the parts cheaper.

Here's one in North West Arkansas:

Keep your search broad - use just Nissan on Craigslist under Auto Parts.

I keep hoping to stumble on a winch bumper going cheap...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Look on craigslist for a private seller parting out a Frontier / Xterra / Pathfinder.
Might be able to buy the parts cheaper.

Here's one in North West Arkansas:

Keep your search broad - use just Nissan on Craigslist under Auto Parts.

I keep hoping to stumble on a winch bumper going cheap...

Nice!! This seems like a great idea, I emailed the one you provided, I'll keep searching for more.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Facebook marketplace might be worth a look as well.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts