Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to buy some yokohama geolander at/s in 285/75 r16 when i redeploy late this year. will going from the stock tire with it's 35 psi max to the new tire with a 65 psi max set off my tpms? thanks in advance for answering this question.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I run mine at 40- 42 psi and dont have a warning.... it sometimes goes on/off on long drives but it did that before the new 285's.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so once the sensors were tripped did you just have to reset the code or did they stay tripped as long as the tires had that much air. the tires i want have a 65psi recommendation

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Yes, they do have a minimum and a max. I believe 65 is well beyond the max. You may be able to get it reprogrammed tho.

·
Registered
227 Posts
so once the sensors were tripped did you just have to reset the code or did they stay tripped as long as the tires had that much air. the tires i want have a 65psi recommendation
Once i aired my tires down and took a short drive the dummy light went out. i think i am running somewhere around 36psi. 65 psi sounds too high. The nissan factory psi rating is a good starting point, then you can adjust your pressure according to your tread contact surface and wear.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Has anyone had any issues with shops not willing to mount tires that have a PSI range outside the TPMS range? My local Costco said they wouldn't mount the E rated BFG ATs on my 05 Frontier which has a P rated BFG Rugged Trails. The max PSI for the E rated tire is 80 while the one for P rated tire is 44. I believe our sensor range is from 28 to 64 PSI. They said I'd have to reprogram my TPMS system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts