Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my brother has a donor Xterra sitting in his yard & it has a hitch he is willing to give me. Question is, will it mount on to my 04 Frontier frame with much difficulty? I don't mind drilling new holes if it saves me the $ of buying a new hitch, but I'd rather avoid fabricating new mounts and things like that.

Thanks!
AJ

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I don't know if the X is a first or second gen or how the first gen Frontier hitch is mounted, but the second gen Frontier hitch has 3 mounting bolts from the bottom on each side, the X has the mounts on the side using the bumper mount bolts. So they are not close to interchangeable, but if you have it, take it to a fabricator and see if they will cut it and put new mounts on or just weld it in place for you. They can always cut it off again if you don't want to keep it.

Reactions: dahltongyoung

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First Gen X, I should have specified.....my brother has all the tools we would need to fab a mount, I was just trying to avoid the headache.

I could always just pull if off & then compare & see what needs to be done, I guess

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts