Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a chance to buy some 18" rims and tires (265 70 r 18) at a fair price...will they fit my frontier? If so, will I have to do any mods before they will work? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Bolt pattern on the titan is 6x5.5 i dont think that will fit unless you get an adapter for the bolts. i think the tires should clear though as far as spacing goes, but ya the bolt pattern wont work

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
BRB is wrong. Sorry but he is thinkng the OP is a 2nd gen with the 6x4.5 bolt pattern.

The rims will work but will require some kind of clearancing/boring needs to be done. The hub on the Titan rims are bored too small and needs to be opened up. Any good machine shop can do this and it shouldn't be too expensive.

P.S. There are a couple of threads on this topic already and I am sure all of your questions are already answered in there. I would just search and surf around a bit until you find them and your other answers.

I have to admit thou, the rims to look very well on the 1st gens so it is defiently something to look into doing.

Ohhh, and abut the tires, that seems like a large tire. Your truck may not like that size and be very sluggish and you will probably require a T-bar crank to clear the fronts and possibly some trimming.

·
Registered
232 Posts
BRB is wrong. Sorry but he is thinkng the OP is a 2nd gen with the 6x4.5 bolt pattern.

The rims will work but will require some kind of clearancing/boring needs to be done. The hub on the Titan rims are bored too small and needs to be opened up. Any good machine shop can do this and it shouldn't be too expensive.

P.S. There are a couple of threads on this topic already and I am sure all of your questions are already answered in there. I would just search and surf around a bit until you find them and your other answers.

I have to admit thou, the rims to look very well on the 1st gens so it is defiently something to look into doing.

Ohhh, and abut the tires, that seems like a large tire. Your truck may not like that size and be very sluggish and you will probably require a T-bar crank to clear the fronts and possibly some trimming.

my bad dint see the 2000........dont know much about those sorry

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hres a pic of my truck right now, with 255 70 r16's...It looks like I ought to have room, but you never know. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Again, with the increase in width and height, you may require trimming.

Also, it sounds like you are forgetting that the wheelse don't just turn but they go up and down as the suspension cycles. If you have it cranked all the way to one side and hit a speedbump, it may bottom out. This is where the timming will probably be required unless you are okay with possibly puncturing your tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts