Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a couple of post from people that got the Tiregate. Can you guys who have one or had one toss out any Pros or Cons of owning one? The only real con I can think of is losing that extra foot or so of "bed space" when you have the tailgate down.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It is a real bastard finding reviews of the Tiregate. I'm not just talking fronty's either. Just in general. I find a slew of articles which simply cut and paste the verbage from the tiregate website. Damn.....:thatswck:

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Let me know if you actually find some. I want the pre runner one really bad but there all discontinued

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have the pre-runner on my Titan. It's extremely Sturdy, looks great, and works like its supposed to!

If we can find enough people interested, I can see if they can make us some more! They are expensive though, so finding people to commit can be the tough part!

Scott

·
Registered
397 Posts
ive heard a couple stories floating around, even though they have discontinued them, that they still have a couple in their warehouse sitting there. it doesnt hurt to try and contact them but dont hold me up for my word either, its what i heard about 2month ago.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the pre-runner on my Titan. It's extremely Sturdy, looks great, and works like its supposed to!

If we can find enough people interested, I can see if they can make us some more! They are expensive though, so finding people to commit can be the tough part!

Scott
Hey Scott, out of the very few reviews I have found, one did mention the Tiregate rattling a bit when at highway speeds. You had anything like this happen?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me know if you actually find some. I want the pre runner one really bad but there all discontinued
Hey Kamikaze!

I just got off the phone with Bob Shatney at Wilco and secured a VT Tiregate. They had one left in their warehouse. I would definitely reccomend giving them a call to check on a pre-runner Tiregate. 1-877-945-2684

Good Luck!!

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Your are getting a VT Tiregate? I always want one of those. Did you get the hi-lift mount also?

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Hey Kamikaze!

I just got off the phone with Bob Shatney at Wilco and secured a VT Tiregate. They had one left in their warehouse. I would definitely reccomend giving them a call to check on a pre-runner Tiregate. 1-877-945-2684

Good Luck!!
Dang it! They're so close to me and i talked to him over winter break and he was going to give me a smoking deal on it. Looks like they might be gone now. Oh well. It would have taken me another month to save up spare cash for it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your are getting a VT Tiregate? I always want one of those. Did you get the hi-lift mount also?
I want the hi-lift mount real bad, but I already stretched my budget in getting the Tiregate. And I got (at least I think) a pretty good deal. I googled those hi-lift mounts and the prices range from $20-$150. In a while I will make the effort figure out if the $20 ones are for real. Otherwise I might just fabricate something simple. I dunno.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dang it! They're so close to me and i talked to him over winter break and he was going to give me a smoking deal on it. Looks like they might be gone now. Oh well. It would have taken me another month to save up spare cash for it.
Haha he was gonna give you a smoking deal on the VT one? Crap, sorry man. I actually sent Tiregate an e-mail about a week ago asking if they still had any, not expecting them to actually have one in stock. Bob got back to me saying they had one left. So I listed my tailgate for sell to try and sell it as quickly as possible to help defer the cost of the Tiregate. But I got kinda paranoid because it was "the last one" and called him this morning and bought it.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Haha he was gonna give you a smoking deal on the VT one? Crap, sorry man. I actually sent Tiregate an e-mail about a week ago asking if they still had any, not expecting them to actually have one in stock. Bob got back to me saying they had one left. So I listed my tailgate for sell to try and sell it as quickly as possible to help defer the cost of the Tiregate. But I got kinda paranoid because it was "the last one" and called him this morning and bought it.
Oh my bad. You meant the vt one. When I called he had a prerunner one left and I was gonna leave it on the down low, but i probably wont be able to get it anyways so its all good. I'm probably going to change my plans and get my bed line-xed and then mount my full size spare with one of the flat bed mounts with the y bars. Or if I really still want a tiregate Im sure i could get someone to make one.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Took your advise...secured a prerunner gate.
Badass. Glad someone else could snag a Tiregate. Maybe this and some interest shown by other members will prompt them to bring the Frontier back into their catalog.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Badass. Glad someone else could snag a Tiregate. Maybe this and some interest shown by other members will prompt them to bring the Frontier back into their catalog.
This was the first upgrade I ever wanted. Unfortuneately, first I bought a calmini bumber that fits like a poop stain on a white dress...If I wanted garbage that didn't fit right I would at least build it myself.
I was so mad I stepped away from my frontier for quite a while, but i'm motivated to give it another run. Some form of a Titan swap is lurking...

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Took your advice...secured a prerunner gate.
DANG IT!!! That was my gate dude!!!

Hahaha. Just kidding man. Im pretty sure you got the last one though. I would have gotten it if i had the money. Anyways, Im glad to see it going to another XE beastly truck. Ya yay!!!

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
This was the first upgrade I ever wanted. Unfortuneately, first I bought a calmini bumber that fits like a poop stain on a white dress...If I wanted garbage that didn't fit right I would at least build it myself.
I was so mad I stepped away from my frontier for quite a while, but i'm motivated to give it another run. Some form of a Titan swap is lurking...
hahah you obviously did not talk to toyniss about the calmini before you bought :) he would have told you alllllllllllllllll about it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
DANG IT!!! That was my gate dude!!!

Hahaha. Just kidding man. Im pretty sure you got the last one though. I would have gotten it if i had the money. Anyways, Im glad to see it going to another XE beastly truck. Ya yay!!!
It's not the last one. So if you want one, there's hope. The shipping will kill you though...wait, you're in OC right...lucky guy.

hahah you obviously did not talk to toyniss about the calmini before you bought :) he would have told you alllllllllllllllll about it.
I didn't, i bought it in mid '07, not long after toyniss? or before? IDK. Screwed either way.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts