Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i searched and nothing and i know how you all LOVE "sound" threads lol and i expect 1 or 2 of you to give me crap but its cool, ok so EVERYTIME i make a left turn there is something on the right side of my truck making an annoying creaking sound, doesn't sound like its comining from the leafs or well any suspension area more like near or in the cab. has anyone experienced this? what do yu think it could be? any help appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a creaking sound similar to what you describe when I am tuning right at slow speed. The sound is coming from the right side of the truck and as you describe, it's not suspension noise.

It seems to be coming from where the cab and bed fit together, but that's just a guess.

I would also like to hear if anyone has had a similar problem.

This forum is GREAT!!

You guys that do most of the serious mods and help the rest of us are greatly appreciated......

·
Registered
127 Posts
I also have a cranking noise when I make a left turn. I checked what I could and had a friend who is a mechanic check it but saw nothing wrong. It has been making that noise since as long as I can remember.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Cab mount/bushing? My last truck did this (diff brand of truck) but the noise description sounds right. Try locating them and spray them w/lube. Won't hurt the mount and just might be the fix. No harm in trying.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
i have it too, its just the cab bushings that are resting on the frame... but mine does it when im turning and kinda flexing (like pulling into a parking lot... hitting a bump)

i sprayed some white lithium grease (comes in spray can) on all the mounts and it went away

·
Registered
667 Posts
Not saying this is it but after working at nissan and listening to customers descriptions of noises you might want to throu a dab of grease on your steering stops. I bet the delrin cap on them is rubbed through and they are nice and shiney. The adjustable stop itself is on the spindle and you can see where it contacts the lower control arm, there should be a piece of metal with a slight curve to it welded vertically to the arm if i remember correctly. I would take a pic but i threw away my ifs stuff.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys i'll grease the cab mounts and steering stops as well then. i was thinking last night that it just might be the cab mounts. thanks again for the replies guys, the sound didn't bother me at first but its starting to get to me, and fusion your truck did the same thing mine does, bumps and turns and she creaks. again thanks!

·
Registered
890 Posts
i have it too, its just the cab bushings that are resting on the frame... but mine does it when im turning and kinda flexing (like pulling into a parking lot... hitting a bump)

i sprayed some white lithium grease (comes in spray can) on all the mounts and it went away
same here, hose them down with some of that lithium stuff, i also did my leaf packs, and anywhere else that i thought might squeek lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the same issue, white lithium spray grease on the rear springs, and some WD40 on the body mounts should quiet it down, but you'll eventually need to re-apply.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My frontier had the creak of death too. About 9 trips to the service department over at Round Rock Nissan and not one shite. Avoid them like you would the Herpes.

I tried that WD-40, chain lube, liquid wrench, even the frigging dealer, didn't work. For my truck there were 6 cab mounts, 3 on each side. Using a 14mm deep socket wrench undo each one at a time, and pack all mating surfaces with a high pressure grease that won’t affect rubber. Torque back to 20-27 ft-lbs and the viola creak is gone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a mechanic tell me it was the upper control arm bushings. Sounds exactly like I'm having. I tried lubing everything but it didn't go away. I'll do what you did debun and see if that takes care of it.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
I had a mechanic tell me it was the upper control arm bushings. Sounds exactly like I'm having. I tried lubing everything but it didn't go away. I'll do what you did debun and see if that takes care of it.
This is what I was gonna say in addition to the cab bushings. Spraying them wount work, You have to disassemble, grease reassemble. If your capable your can drill and tap the arm for grease zerks.

Also, FYI, WD40 evaporates slowly so the lithium grease is a better alternative as it will not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also have the same problem too, everytime I make a hard turn on the driveway I can feel and hear something hitting the tire rim inside and the guy at the shop saw it too, he said just put some silicon lube.....but I'll try the advise of dissambleing and packing them with lube...

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2000 Frontier CC 6Cyl 3.3
Driver side nut hitting that upward bar when turning hard right to enter driveway

s376.photobucket.com/albums/oo203/3waycrosx/?action=view&current=IMG_0906.jpg]
[/URL]

s376.photobucket.com/albums/oo203/3waycrosx/?action=view&current=IMG_0904.jpg]
[/URL]

Passenger side nut hitting that upward bar when turning hard left to enter driveway

s376.photobucket.com/albums/oo203/3waycrosx/?action=view&current=IMG_0908.jpg]
[/URL]

s376.photobucket.com/albums/oo203/3waycrosx/?action=view&current=IMG_0907.jpg]
[/URL]

There seems to be 2 nuts on that bolt, what is needed to correct the problem? Does other Frontier 6Cyl CC 3.3 have encountered the same problem?

·
Registered
721 Posts
When I cranked my Tbars I got a creaking and crap sounds. Kinda sounds like a lowrider. I put some trans fluid on everything up front. WD40 just washes off.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You may want to check the front crossmember bolts. I had creaking in the front when I bought my truck. Took it to the dealer and they re-tourqed the bolts.

·
Registered
854 Posts
=) Ditto on the sound, I believe I read on the car and driver review as well as a "complaint list" when i first bought the truck that. " As soon as you take it off road once, you get the untameable squeek".

After the first time i took it off road it started squeeking on the way home.. I'ver taken it to dealer a few times they grease it up and it stops but only for a few weeks... I've since given up and started feeding it cheese...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts