Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just need to vent..... I have been trying to replace the shift boot on my frontier since I got the thing in june, and all I ever hear is, I cant find a part # , or they dont make a leather shift boot that fits. I have been even toying with the idea of a momo leather shift boot and knob, but keep canceling out the idea because it would look to um, ricey!? Anyways anyone with any info on how to order a Grey leather shift boot to match the steering wheel, please PM me and let me know, or anyone who already replaced it with something else, could you post pictures so I could see what it looks like...
thanks for your time, and listening to me ramble!
REspectfully,
Mzdasnd

·
Banned
410 Posts
make your own :D

custom is always better and a shift boot would be pretty simple, even if you dont have a sewing machine, u could do it with a needle and thread, or take it to a apolstry shop. but it still wouldnt be taht hard to make. pretty basic.

id be glad to help out the best i can if u need it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I think thats going to be the only way, Im a lil skeptical about fabing one myself, because I wouldnt know the size needed, but hey, my gf has a sewing machine, so , I think I might give it a try!
If you have any tips that would make it easier, please chime in!!!
THankyou again
Mzdasnd

·
Banned
410 Posts
im not really the best at interior cloth work lol but i can think of 2 ways you might be able to do it. would would be take it and make like a cone shape. so the top is really small and then it widens at the bottom. that i think would keep it tigher. or you can take a huge square and cut a whole in the middle, slide it down, and then it would fold up a little bit and be a looser fitting boot. does any of that make sense? lol. like i said sewing isnt my strong point lmao.

im happy with my auto then i dont have that problem and i can just fiberglass everything haha.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Take the present boot and find the seam and pull it apart. You should get a fairly flat piece of vinyl(?). Use that as a pattern. Cut the leather you want to use in the shape of the old boot. Sew it together and presto, new boot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts