Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I regularly crash thru/into stuff so I know the importance of a beefy front end but why beef up the rear?

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
I like a beefy rear end, lol

My only thought is for symmetry, but I am not sure. I can see the usefulness of a prerunner style bumper for weight reduction, but I would like to know as well for the heavy duty Shrockworks style.

·
Registered
431 Posts
rollin backwards into stuff or draggin the rear on steep obstacles would be the main reason

·
Registered
677 Posts
Its nice to have something sturdy to get towed from if your front end is stuck in a ditch.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
if you wheel on rocks eventually your going to land on your bumper trying to climb something also its a nice recovery point along with mounting for tires gas cans and such.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
same reason for having a beefy front bumper

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Actually I believe rear bumper that give some type of bedside protection is 10 times more important then a front bumper.

I can easily Jude if the front of my truck will go over an object from the driver's seat. Now backing up a Gen2 in a tight spot it's not hard to miss something and back right in to it.
Since you are wheeling truck that mean have a lot of over hang from the bed. This is one your most vulnerable spots. It dose not take much for the truck to slide or shift sideways putting your bed in to a rock or tree.

It's not hard to find people here that have a few dents the underside of the bed here. I have had to replace one bedside and have dent in the other one.

·
Registered
578 Posts
When trying to turn around in the woods in nice to be able to back over trees instead of having to make a 20point turn. I also agree with what everyone else has said

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I don't but the only thing that's saved it from being dragged off is my hitch. And when you have a little sister they tend to back your truck into things, like trees:)

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
one good hit on the left or right side of your rear bumper and you will immediatly know why. The actual rear bumper on our truck only covers about 3/4 of the rear of the truck. The chrome goes the rest of the way, but there is nothing behind the chrome to protect you.

So hit a rock or a tree while rolling backwards and watch the chrome bend into the side of your bed and turn a little bump into $2500 worth of body work.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i don't have one. if i did, my tailgate would probably till work.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Because I can't help it if I got a sweet *** and everyone wants to hit it. I mean the truck. Get your mind out of the gutter.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
She doesn't borrow it that often but when she does I'm scared. She drives her Ram like she's danica patrick:laugh:
So she's constantly driving slow in front of faster cars and can't keep it off the wall? :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks to you guys and gals I looked and decided too that the oem rear bumper is just a pretender. Time to hatch another Shrockworks egg.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
So she's constantly driving slow in front of faster cars and can't keep it off the wall? :)
Well actually it's opposite of that. She drives really fast and tries to run other people into a wall lol:p

Thanks to you guys and gals I looked and decided too that the oem rear bumper is just a pretender. Time to hatch another Shrockworks egg.
Yay! You'll be glad once that egg hatches too.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
But Fishy does she LOOK LIKE Dannica? That makes up for alot :)
And I was already to pull on a Shrock before I went to Moab. I now need to bob the back fenders. reduce the bumper height, move the receiver up and install a tire, and jerry can carrier. So its gonna have to be custom now

1 - 20 of 31 Posts