Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(You can Ignore if already read. Just a re-edit)

I noticed a fair amount of buyers chose the the Crew Cab over the King Cab.
Is it the looks or the practicality that help you make that decision?

Or it is a good compromise between an SUV and a pickup truck?
Or they can't make up their mind if they want a SUV or a Pickup?

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
I would say that if you have kids or pets or haul people often the Crew would be a better choice just for the extra space. I personally chose the King because I'm almost positive that I won't be carrying more people than just me and my girlfriend!! Also, I am in the process of buying a new house so for the moving and home improvements, the longer bed is great for me. I would tend to agree with your opinion of the King looking a little sportier. I think the Crew looks unporportionate, in my opinion.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I got the Crew strictly because I have kids.

If I did not have kids I would have got the KC because of the longer bed.
I wish they had a CC with the longer bed.

·
Registered
395 Posts
That was my big heartache. I wanted a NISMO KC to begin with. But of course, I'm not alone on this decision, and the wife said get a CC, or no new truck for me. We're planning for kids in the future, and it helps a lot having more than 1 vehicle that carries more than 2 people at a time.

I didn't think I could do it until I saw the Four Wheeler Frontier and the CALMINI CC Frontier pics. . .and now I have no qualms about the looks. . .

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
the crew cab is more practical as you can seat adults in the back with resonable comfort or fold the seats up to provide a heap of extra dry space for stuff

·
Banned
410 Posts
it was all looks here, and i like to cram chicks and friends in my truck too, so the CC also holds more lol. and theres no such thing as to many chicks in the back of your truck haha.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
I had to get the CC just because of having kids. I also prefer the looks of the CC.

Actually if I wasn't always hauling stuff around I would have went with an Xterra.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I went with the KC for looks and my kids are grown and on their own, so it's just the wife and I at home. If we go anywhere with friends, we take the wife's Camry, it's a bit more civil than my NISMO! I also thought the CC looked out of proportion, it really needs a 6" bed!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I hear you Nismo, one of my complaints about my CC is that it looks out of proportion, and needs a little longer bed. I also prefer the looks of the CC over KC, and I like the extra room the CC offers.

Will

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got the CC for many of the same reasons most of you did. I'm plannig on having a kid soon, and when my wife is dead set on having a Celica, my choice was obvious. I actually like having the shorter bed as I don't need the extra bed space and it's a lot easier to park. Living in the California Bay Area, things get a little more cramped in parking lots.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I liked the looks of the KC better and the long bed is a must for me, no plans for kids but I think theirs room for two back their with the seats forward a bit. BTW Frontin, hows the chicks diggin the Subaru, back in H.school my buddy has one, we could pack atleast 6 in that little car, now thats haulin ***.

·
Registered
149 Posts
KC all the way because I needed a 6' bed for the bikes; 5' was too tight for comfort. Besides: it's cheaper than the CC and I don't have kids (yet).

I figure if I only have two passenger seats: the GF can't convince me to have more than two kids... :p

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've never liked the looks of CC trucks, they're disproportionate and the bed is always too small. I'm perfectly happy with my KC.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the king cab. I don't have any plans for kids for umm a good 9-10 years. finally turnin 21 on may 3rd. well the bright side of having less room in the cab is that other people drive cuz we cant fit in mine.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I bought the LE KC because I like the looks of the KC better and I just hauled 20 bags
of cotton burr compost and 2 cases of amonium sulphate. I actually could use an even longer bed as I had it stacked over the top of the bed rails.

I also do not like the roof rack that is on the LE CC. That was the major thing that made
my decision for me.

OkieScot

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went with the King Cab because I wanted a truck and not a car with an open trunk.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts