Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With URE about to open I'm wondering who's up for a day trip to the park and what weekend works best for everyone?

If your interested please post in this thread so we can get a count and set a date and plan the trails that work best for everyone that would attend.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I'd like to make it down this year, but its more distance than I can do just for a day trip. Am interested in going sometime for the weekend and to camp

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, the NOAS event is in the fall and that's a great event to put on your schedule, but I was thinking about something in the spring.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The NOAS May event is at Coal Creek, TN - URE is planned for Oct 8-10

It does look like there may be an unofficial event on 4/24.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
I'M IN! I can do a weekend in early May. I'm booked through April with the GWNF and some family visiting. I'd head out Friday (only three hours from me) and camp, wake up and wheel Saturday, then camp again and head home Sunday. I'll have to look at a calendar and talk to the wife before committing to a date, but I know she really wants to go camping soon too. Let me know what your schedule looks like man.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have 2 weekends off in May. The weekend of the 7th and the 21st. If the plan is to go on those weekends I could probably do it. Might even camp one night. I'll know once it gets closer and once the GWNF trip is done.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It look's like I am going to try to head up with a couple of the NOAS folks on 4/24. If others are interested let me know. In this thread, or this one NOAS4X4club.com :: View topic - URE April 24 2010?

As for a trip in May, I could probably do that too. The May 8th works, but the weekend of the 21st is the weekend of the Sprint Cup and the 29th is the CocaCola 600 so both those weekend are out for me.

BTW - May 15-16 is that National NRA Conf in Charlotte, anyone planning to attend that?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
URE April 24 2010?

So far it looks like there are 3 of us heading to URE on 4/24 and 1 maybe.

If others are interested let us know.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
i'll be going with the xterra club on the 18th, i won't be able to make it on the 24th since i'll be in savanah on vacation. could ya'll make it on the 18th instead?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'll be going with the xterra club on the 18th, i won't be able to make it on the 24th since i'll be in savanah on vacation. could ya'll make it on the 18th instead?
I wish I could have. Hope you guys had fun. Looks like we are still planning for 4/24. At this point there are 2 from NOAS, Frontyfan (+2) and me.

Anyone else want to meet us at URE next Saturday 4/24?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Where is URE?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Troy, North Carolina‎

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea its a haul, but a great park for folks in NC. Here's a link for more information.

Uwharrie Off

FYI - Officiallly it is named Uwharrie but its pronounced U-R-E so that is what we call it.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Pic from URE trip

1 - 20 of 28 Posts