Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to kill some reflections and absorb some heat.
As the title says, I only want to see 2009-up dash covers that fit right and look good, not generic or clone dash covers with bad fitment and tacky quality.
I don't want to see anyone with a pre-2009 dash, you don't have the same dash I do so it won't show me what I'm looking for.
If you're running one, show me how yours looks on your dash, tell me what brand/model, and how much you spent
And I'll give you a bonus 1,000 points if you're sporting some sort of animal fur dash cover just because. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Dash Designs Charcoal Carpet coming from rockauto on Tuesday, I'll post some pictures when I get it installed.

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Dash Designs Charcoal Carpet coming from rockauto on Tuesday, I'll post some pictures when I get it installed.
Is it animal fur pattern though? jk

·
Registered
2 Posts
So the fit is okay, not as good as my Covercraft Ultimat was in my Dodge, also 1/3rd the price though. I'm going to try to wet the carpet per their instructions and see if I can mold it a bit better this afternoon.I will say that this carpet is pretty shiny, so it's not much better than my dash as far as reflections(I ordered Charcoal Grey to match my interior). Might have to try one of their other finishes to find ones that not as reflective.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have a Dash Designs as well. I'll take some pics later this evening. The fit is okay. If you're looking for perfect edge-to-edge fit, it's unlikely with any dash that has a lot of curves. The seams push the dash cover higher off the dash, which results in it being short on the ends. The Dash Designs on my Honda has a good 1/2" gap on one side. The Dash Designs on my Ford Edge fits well, but that dash is basically flat.

Here's the specs from mine:

2016 NISSAN FRONTIER DASH COVERS
SKU: 2611-3-16
Quantity: 1
Final Price: $47.95

Options:
0.2) Dash Cover Fabric Velour
Velour: Medium Grey
SKU: V-MG
Price: 47.95

I believe the "Plush Velour" has a fabric liner on the bottom. I think I got "Brushed Suede" on my F-150, but that one didn't have a liner. So when the foam started to dry up, it crumbled and left debris on the dash.

The Covercraft Ultimat that @zanekrempel pointed out might be a better option as far as fitment. Those are molded rather than cut and stitched like the Dash Designs.

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Considering you both said the fit is "okay" I don't need to see pics of what you have. LOL

The only pics I've seen online were not what I'd want to put on my truck, that's why I was hoping someone would chime in with something that actually fits good... not just "okay" but it seems like there might not be.

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you thought of flocking the dash? I've seen it done on a few race car builds and looks pretty good (when well done.)
Nah, not looking to do some custom job for something like this

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fair enough, it's not something you can just take out if you don't like it anymore. I might do it to mine someday since the glare in our trucks is pretty bad though.
Yeah, it's not one of those deals where I was looking to totally make a visual transformation or something permanent. I was looking around for one to experiment with some A/V stuff, so it would have to be removable... and I would at least want to buy one that fits as good as I'd like it to be in case I do decide to keep it on. (y)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, it's not one of those deals where I was looking to totally make a visual transformation or something permanent. I was looking around for one to experiment with some A/V stuff, so it would have to be removable... and I would at least want to buy one that fits as good as I'd like it to be in case I do decide to keep it on. (y)
I can get that. I tend to keep my vehicles for a fairly long time, so major customization's are less an issue for me. I'm also wanting to fully spray the interior with the Lizard Skins sound and heat barrier sprays, so I might do it all at one go since I'll be taking it that far apart anyways. I've heard really good things about them from the hot rod side with insulating from engine/transmission heat and noise, without adding a ton of weight from dynamat or other sound deadening materials.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts