Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one replaced their windshield on a second gen? how much?semi launched a rock at me today. i heard a bad sound but couldn't see any damage. looked over 3 minutes later and there was a 10" crack. that was this morning now its about 4" longer. i heard i can put some crazy glue on it for now to stop the crack until i can get it fixed????

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
IF you search, there was just a thread on this same topic, within the last 48hrs. I believe it was only a couple of hundred but their insurance covered it.

I would check your insurance first and then go from there. Also, if you remember the trucking company, you may be able to contact them and they will pay for the windshield. It all depends if you were following too close or not.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had to get mine done a few months ago. Insurance covered it minus the deductible, never got the full bill. Keep your eye on the installer, I've been trying to remove black window sealant from random places where he grabbed the truck or where is wasn't applied smoothly.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i need to replace mine i got an estimate of 125 installed where ever you are, i think is about right... my brother change his (07 silverado) for the same price... and they did a great job.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$125 plus the glass or 125 total?? that sounds cheap. i don't think i want to get my insurance involved, my wife has had quite a few claims, none of them her fault but still.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Mine was $175.00 total...but I had it done at work so the extra few $ were worth it..
If you pay the glass guy it'll be $125 to $175 appx.
If he bills your insurance it'll be $300 to $500 (but sometimes they will rebate you some cash if you do it thru insurance. but prepare for the rate hit)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Got a Big rock in the driver's side upper corner on the weekend, launched from a rear tire on a Semi passing another north of Cache Creek BC, those tire launches are the worst, Add both vehicle velocities plus the rotation velocity of the tire and you have got bullet like velocity. saw the incoming and moved to the right shoulder as far as the snow and ice would allow, but still got a good impact and got a broken glass shower in the cab, first time that has happened, good thing I had sun/safety glasses on, worst thing you can do is swerve and total the truck, I always opt for the broken glass, but this is the first time I have been showered with glass fragments.
WW

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yikes, glad to hear it didn't end up worse Roy.

When we were driving a couple years ago down stateside in the Titan, I saw a rock launch from the tire of a truck ahead of us. At 80mph on a 3 lane freeway in traffic, there's not much you can do. Insult to injury.... the rock was launched by another Titan! Went through insurance (CDI), so only deductible was paid.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
safelight cost me 175 installed a month ago

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
man we were on our way to jackson ranceria one night in my 05 nismo my buddy was drivin cause i had been drinkin and out of nowhere a huge bird/owl ??? flew right in front of us and smashed into my windsheild head on!! we stopped and got out no sign of the bird and the windsheild was fine after that i thought they were pretty tough:)

sorry off topic just never have a chance to tell that story it was random

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I the rock came off the tire it is a road hazard, and not the responsibility of the trucking company. If it falls from the bed they are responsible.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got the first replaced through insurance, I paid $200 deductable. The next one I paid out of pocket cost me $211. Both we replaced at the same location Safelight.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Replaced mine about 5 months ago, didn't cost me a thing. Florida covers you for one windshield a year. Bill was about 200 though through Safelite. Came to my apt. and was done in 30 mins.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Two months ago, I had mine replaced through insurance ($100 deductible, was informed that American Family doesn't raise rates for glass claims), but the local shop quoted me $235 to install at my house if I didn't go through insurance. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I believe I've changed out my windshield 3 times since the truck was new and the back window once. I think it's around 3- 400 but not sure, I have 0 deductable on glass and unlimited glass replacement

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
safe light, ~185 installed guy did a decent job, no leaks ect, has the factory tint and sunblocker stuff at the top around the mirror.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
I believe I've changed out my windshield 3 times since the truck was new and the back window once. I think it's around 3- 400 but not sure, I have 0 deductable on glass and unlimited glass replacement
man youve got the replacing windows mod down to a science:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts