Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Michael Vick was probationally re-instated by the NFL today. He is a free agent.

Who needs a QB that can also put fannies in the stadium? Jets? Minny? How about Denver?

Vick will end up somewhere this year. And that's not a dog year.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
49ers perhaps? There's no O-line so they could use a mobile QB.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
regardless of VIcks personal issues off the field, he is an amazing athlete. All around too, he knows how to be a team player and make plays anyway possible. I say f all the dog hype, he did his time... and now hes broke and hungry again. He'll be a very valuable addition to any team.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
well i wouldnt go as far as saying f the dog hype, being a dog lover and owner. but he did pay his debt to society, let him play.

hell maybe he even had a jailhouse epiphany, and will be a spokesman against dog fighting. but hell, this guy handled the aftermath like a man.

how many chances does pac man need to no longer be a dumb azz?

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
No question he's talented.
He f'ed up big time.
He is now what's considered "damaged goods".
Any team that picks him up takes the risk of alienating fans for sure.
However that being said, I'll bet he gets scooped up sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The way the NFL is handling Vick is a political charade. On the one hand, the NFL must not offend dog lovers and such with a quick reinstatement. This is why Vick will be "re-evaluated" after week six. What can Vick do in six weeks that he has learned not to do in two years behind bars? Total BS.

The drama will be intense. How would you like to be the starting quarterback for a team that has Vick on the bench? He'd better go 5-1 with a 120 rating otherwise the mad crowd will call for Vick.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
okay I'm all for animal rights but cant away just understand its all about football at this point! I mean i just want to see some amazing plays from an amazing athelete. And to CTnismo, your right this is politics. The NFL knows hes brings fans ($$) but doesnt want to be seen as anit-animal rights. Its like using the word "gay" in a descriptive manner now a days. No ones perfect and I'm sure he knows he F'd up big time.... this is much bigger then getting caught with drugs or an unregistered gun like most atheletes are used to. Hopefully he understands how valuable his second chance is. I

·
Registered
919 Posts
Bottom line is Vick did his time. He's now free to do whatever he wishes to do. As far as his performace, I didn't think he was playing that well his last couple of years. I can't imagine him being away from the game will make him better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts