Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I think my next mod will be a dual headrest monitor install to an avic d3. I just have a question about how to install the wiring. I found a post by frontier636 http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f24/2-headrest-tv-gentex-mirror-install-51601/ who did a very nice clean install.
1. Do you have to drill holes to run the wiring through the metal bars that are used to adjust the headrest? I read that to run the wiring through the top of the seat all the way to the floor, the back of the seats needs to be exposed open. What's the technique for that?
2. For an avic d3, do I need monitor with 1 audio/video input NEW POWER ACOUSTIK CAR 7" HEADREST WIDESCREEN MONITOR - eBay (item 400092162271 end time Jan-15-10 08:54:12 PST) or 2 audio/video inputs?POWER ACOUSTIK PT717HR 7" TFT LCD Car Headrest Monitor - eBay (item 390079762058 end time Jan-05-10 19:45:55 PST). It's a longshot but I would also like to bring my ps3 along IF it's possible!
3. I did the bypass on the avic d3 to let me watch dvd's while driving but is there a way to only let the dual monitors play the dvd and not my HU?
4. The power acoustik monitors were the ones that I found the most affordable but does anyone recommend any other good mid-priced ($100-$150 pair.) monitors?

Everyone's help is appreciated! And yes, i will take lots of pics if I get the confidence lol!

· Registered
524 Posts
i just PM you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.