Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious, are the heated seats single temp or dual temp? I'm thinking of installing heated seats in my NISMO for this winter and would like to install the factory switches but want to find out is they are single or dual temp switches. The company that installs the heated seats can do both seats on my NISMO for $300.00, and that's for the dual temp seats. Can anyone let me know if the switches for the heated seats in the CC with Leather are single or dual temp? Thanks...
:?:

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
I'm sorry I don't have an answer but I do have a question and maybe it is a dumb one but I'm not very familiar with heated seats. So here goes..... Can you put heated seats in with cloth interior? Does it effect the cloth or seat cushion as in melting over time?? Is it worth it for cloth interior? Well I guess its more than one question. But this sounds like something that I would like to have installed.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a dumb question at all... I used to think you could only have heated seats with leather, but found out otherwise. I'll have to search for the web site, but I found one that has kits that will work with any fabric. The heating element is actually sealed in a thermal case that protects the heating element from spills and wet clothing and also protects the fabric and foam. The heat range isn't that great, low is just about body temp (around 98 degrees) and high is about 105 degrees, so in all actuality, the interior of the car can see higher temps while sitting in a parking lot on a hot summer day in Texas! I'll have to search for the site again and post a link! Rember, the purpose of the heated seat is to warm you until the inside of the car warms up by the heater. Your actually sitting on the heating element so the heat transfer is almost instant, and it doesn't have to be too hot either being as there are just a few thin layers of fabric between the heat source and your skin.

Found a site: http://www.heated-seats.com/products.php

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
So now that I'm convinced that I NEED to get some butt warmers. What kinda of place do you think installs something like that, a car alarm shop, a body shop, a mechanic? Obviously since you're asking you can use the stock switch with aftermarket equipment and now I'm curious to see if the switch is single or dual temp as well!!

Great post and great info !!!! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found out through another forum that it is a dual temp switch. I also found out they cost $29.00 each, OUCH!!!

The company I found is called Waxwerks, their website is waxwerks.net, I found them under Automotive, Seat Covers, Tops and Upholstery in the Yellow Pages. I have not asked them about using the Nissan switches, mainly because I'm still pretty much in shock of the cost of each switch! That's pretty much 20% of the entire cost of the heated seats plus installation, and I imagine they will want a little extra to run the wires to the dash! So, still thinking about this one. I might see if their switch (which is round) can be mounted to the blank on the dash, it would still put the switches where I can reach them and save me $60.00!

·
Registered
62 Posts
05_NISMO_4X4 said:
I found out through another forum that it is a dual temp switch. I also found out they cost $29.00 each, OUCH!!!

The company I found is called Waxwerks, their website is waxwerks.net, I found them under Automotive, Seat Covers, Tops and Upholstery in the Yellow Pages. I have not asked them about using the Nissan switches, mainly because I'm still pretty much in shock of the cost of each switch! That's pretty much 20% of the entire cost of the heated seats plus installation, and I imagine they will want a little extra to run the wires to the dash! So, still thinking about this one. I might see if their switch (which is round) can be mounted to the blank on the dash, it would still put the switches where I can reach them and save me $60.00!
why not install the switches on the bottom of the seat someplace? or on the center counsol which has the shifter.. right on the side. this way it is out of the way and you don't put more wires and cut up a dash?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts