Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I agree... I've been looking at the volant online and would like to hear any testimonials that might be helpful

·
Registered
397 Posts
they all do the same thing, just cost different amounts of money, I honestly think you get the same thing out of the box mod, but thats just me.

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
I'll take a pic of mine later

·
Registered
122 Posts
iv got one. its got a niceeeee deep growl and u can hear it choke when u tap the gas. i think its pretty sweet. hard to fit in with a body lift tho.. :/

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks so far, will stay tuned to see the posted pictures, going to bite the bullet and get one, been watching them for to long, autoanything.com seems to have the best price, something about the old model and new one, sounded just like a face lift. emailed them about a group buy discount and was told to call some number, will be doing that, either way I hear it will bring the custom exhaust more alive.

any tips on install with the first gen, read alot about the second gen ones

-thanks-

·
Registered
297 Posts
Could anyone explain why a boxed intake, like the volant, is better than a normal intake? I've heard it many times and havent been able to figure out why.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have a volant and its awesome. It sounds really good.
belac515- one would get a closed intake to prevent hot air from near the engine getting into the intake and instead suck in cool dense air from over the wheel

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pictures of one installed??? so you actually get some noise with it under the hood or more outta the exhaust? thanks

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
^both... I'll snap a pic tomorrow before I go to school.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
oh yes any CAI will growl. very nice lol i was wantin to swap my K&n for volant but i vowed not to dump anymore money into the frontie as i am going for the titan

·
Registered
99 Posts
i dunno man i looked into those i'm still stickin with my good old K&N cold air system

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
So I am at school... no time for pics this morning, sorry.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
i have had my k&n on my frontier basically since it was new, never gave me issues. i don't know a lot about the volants but i love the sound my k&n makes. i know the 2nd gen guys praise the volant intake but as for the 1st gen i don't know how they would differ from the open intakes like the k&n or aem brute force. any intake has a positive effect on an engine to gan more power but they are all over priced IMO.

·
Registered
578 Posts
pictures of one installed??? so you actually get some noise with it under the hood or more outta the exhaust? thanks
ill try to get a pic for you, it has a very nice growl from under the hood. I can't tell a difference out the exhaust but my exhaust is stock.

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts

The box opens to the clearance in the fender well where the stock air box chamber once lived.

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
Install was less than flawless because I got the wrong bolts for some reason so I had to drill the holes out larger and the red coupler is there because I didn't get one from volant.... But I wanted closed box and I got it cheaper than many others. Worth it... hmmm..dont know. I have only put maybe 5 miles on the truck since the install in late November but it sounds great.

·
Registered
578 Posts
the hard part is getting the stock intake out with all the resonators and silencers, puting in the volant itself took me only about 20min

1 - 20 of 45 Posts