Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
who has 285's or bigger on se rims??

wondering if 285's stick pass the fender on the se rims. I can score some 295's for the se rims but i don't want to buy them and they stick out a bit because safety check is getting more strict. So everyone with 285'd and bigger on the se's can you let me know what type tire and if they stick past the fender. and i did try to search but no luck.. Thanks guys

·
Registered
50 Posts
Im Runnin Nitto TG 285\65\16's on SE rims...if they are out past the fenders its only by a nats ***.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Im running 285/75/16 Cooper Stt's on stock SE rims and mine only stick out slightly but nothing that it noticeable.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
mm I dunno what some of these guys are talking about. I have stock wheels (nismo not SE but that wouldn't matter) with 285's

They do not stick out or sit flush.

·
Registered
48 Posts
285/75/16 on SE wheel (firestone MT) they stick past the fender just a hair

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
mm I dunno what some of these guys are talking about. I have stock wheels (nismo not SE but that wouldn't matter) with 285's

They do not stick out or sit flush.
it all depends on the tire too. some tire companies say they are the same size, as in 285/75, but the widths and heights will differ by 1/10s of an inch. some can be like 11.4 and others of the same size dif make can be 11.2

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
it all depends on the tire too. some tire companies say they are the same size, as in 285/75, but the widths and heights will differ by 1/10s of an inch. some can be like 11.4 and others of the same size dif make can be 11.2
mine are 11.6"s wide. I just don't think they stick out at all. I guess its a matter of perspective. Mine sits in from the fender about 5mm from the outer edge of the fender.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
next time I buy tires I am bumping up to 305s with a 1.25 spacer if I dont buy wheels by then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts