Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure do. I'm not really all that proud of it, but nevertheless I do it. If you do, what kind(skoal, cope, red seal, grizzly, etc.)? I personally am a red seal guy, but it seems to have lost it's quality lately. I think I will be moving to grizzly soon, as skoal and cope are way too expensive.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
I do.
Skoal or Copey only, not that off brand crap.
I've tried some of the cheaper ones and they just never "did it" for me.

Has to be fine cut too (another reason for no off brands), I hate tree branches in my lip.

Not a great habit, I know, but one of only two vices I have left, chewing and alcohol.

I only chew between 3-4 cans a week, btw.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I do, I'm in Canada, Skoul only. I brought some grizz back from the states but it almost made me sick. I only chew like a can a month though, mainly when I'm drinkin...

·
Registered
890 Posts
i did it a few times in highschool, or i do it when i cant smoke, since the gf gets all *****y. you guys might not like it beein dippers, but i got some free cans of camel snus, that stuff isnt to bad, and i can sit and use it in class! or at work and noone really knows. one thing i never really learned is how to pack a can of dip right, its a pain for somereason for me. probably just because i never really buy it.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
Thanks mom.
LOL

you guys might not like it beein dippers, but i got some free cans of camel snus, that stuff isnt to bad, and i can sit and use it in class! or at work and noone really knows.
I tried it too, not really all that bad.
I can use it places that I wouldn't normally be allowed to chew traditional stuff.

The problem I have with snus is I have a hard time remembering I can swallow it.
After probably 25 years plus of regular chew my brain says "NO, don't swallow that". (Yeah I'm a spitter . . lol)

·
Registered
890 Posts
LOL

I tried it too, not really all that bad.
I can use it places that I wouldn't normally be allowed to chew traditional stuff.

The problem I have with snus is I have a hard time remembering I can swallow it.
After probably 25 years plus of regular chew my brain says "NO, don't swallow that". (Yeah I'm a spitter . . lol)
ya i hear that, the first time i chewed i swallowed, good god that wrecked me. so when i tried snus, i was very very hesitant, but after while its nice to be like oh, its not a big deal lol. i really like the Spice, and i think Mellow one, the frost is ok once i a while, its like chewin on gum
lol

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
I only have tried cigars as far as tobacca goes. My dad use to chew chewing bacca, until I got him to quit, actually that picture did it for him.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
coughfin-gaggin snuuuuuffff. used to chew skoal long cut straight, but snuff just taste better. its actually cheaper for me to chew. 1) a can o' snuffenhagen costs less than a pack of smokes here, and 2) i only seem to chew a can about 2-3 days, instead of light a pack a day

·
Webwheeler Extraordinaire
2,180 Posts
I unfortunately dip Copenhagen pouches. I prefer the pouches because I can use them at work and still go into an impromptu meeting without having pieces caught in my teeth. I also rarely spit with them, even though they are fairly fresh.

I am trying to quit but haven't been able to completely quit yet (not addicted, though). I will quit cold turkey for about 6 months to a year and then something happens and I am dipping again.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
I'm not going to lie, during baseball season I can go through 2 cans a day. Every other time of the year it's about a can every 2 days, sometimes more. I have to quit soon(like that's going to happen).
You could probably get your bumper faster if you quit, that money adds up there bud.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
I unfortunately dip Copenhagen pouches. I prefer the pouches because I can use them at work and still go into an impromptu meeting without having pieces caught in my teeth. I also rarely spit with them, even though they are fairly fresh.
I like the pouches too.
When I coached little league tobacco products were a big no-no so I mostly chewed gum and spit just like I was chewing.
Occasionally I'd sneak a pouch in (NEVER let the kids or anyone see me putting one in or taking one out) during practice or a game.
I know, sounds sad to not be able to go 2-3 hours without one but that's the way it is.
And BARF to the swallowing it.

You could probably get your bumper faster if you quit, that money adds up there bud.
Meh, 3 cans of Skoal is under $10 here in the land of taxes PA.
That's what I buy a week, 3 cans.
Compare that to the usage/cost of cigs!

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
i have family that does, also have cigerette smokers and cigar smokers in my family too and IMO they are all nasty, smell nasty, and do nasty things for your body. i used to smoke cigs and cigars but not anymore, smelling them even make me cringe. im not being mom or anything you can chew, smoke all you want lol.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yeah, the whole bumper deal is not going to happen any time soon due to the whole unemployment thing so I think I am just going to buy josh's(fusionfronty99) lower valance until next summer. I do wonder how much I have spent on various tobacco products, though.

you can chew, smoke all you want lol.
Why thank you. I will.:nana:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I dipped for 6 years but quit when I started to scoop up little pieces of my lower lip. I would do anywhere from 1 tin a day to a tin every 2-3 days.

I would just walk around work and gut it for 8 hours haha

·
Registered
838 Posts
i dipped kodiak wintergreen for 9yrs and then quit cold turkey when my son was born. i picked that habit up in the army when i was in the field 10mos out of a year. the bride gave me the guilt trip about it. man, do i miss that stuff!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts