Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about 35's. Just wanting to know what to expect. I am not looking for peoples opinion....just facts froms those who are actually running them on 2gen Frontiers.

I have a 2009 with 6" of lift and 3.54 gears....
just looking to see what kind of offset and backspacing for rims is needed....spacers?....and what all had to be cut up front and in the back.

Any other info is welcomed

Should I stay in the 285/295/305 range or go for the 35's

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
this was my truck with the 35s

I loved the way it worked I hated driving it.. I'm 6 speed some of the auto guys say it's ok. But I saw a loss of power and I broke CV joints. so I went back to 33. I think if your not wheeling it you will be ok..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mustard! My wheeling consists mostly of hunting camps and camping trips with the occasional excursion on the trails....anything more than that and i just take my Rhino...

Its just that my 285's look kinda small to me with the lift....And I like the GMAN's looked with the 35" KM2's and 17" Buckshots

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
dayum... mustard23!
Ya got me thinkin' again! Still have my 3" spacers and have been entertaining the idea of adding them to my spindles!

32s were perfect w/the lift spacers.. I can also see 4" more.... :confused:

·
Registered
431 Posts
musrard what lift were are you running to cram 35s? have your cvs been fine since going back to 33s

marine 1 what lift do you have ??

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
cv been fine after swapping back to 33s, I'm only running a 3 inch lift but the fiberglass lets me clear 35s, the rear tires were cut up from hitting the fenders on flex.

dayum... mustard23!
Ya got me thinkin' again! Still have my 3" spacers and have been entertaining the idea of adding them to my spindles!

32s were perfect w/the lift spacers.. I can also see 4" more.... :confused:
if your a 2wd you can regear easier then us 4wd guys and you don't have CVs

when I go to swap a 9inch in my rear I'm goign to run 4.10s

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hale

Hale, I am 2wd first of all....I got 4" CST spindles and 2" spacers up front and shackles and blocks in the rear....I am also M226 swapped and E-locked with the 3.54 gears courtesy of Pro2x.

And Mustard yeah i knew that about the gears...it's cause they don't make crap for ya'll up front right? And I hear ya on the CV's too had to replace a few on my Rhino

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
I am not sure about if you are running stock offset wheels; but with the spindles/2" spacer combo I had there was no way 35's would work. I had the Titan swap with some ProComps that pushed my wheels out; but I had to cut and trim to run 33's and they still rubbed.

My truck with 35x12.5x17's...with the fiberglass the tires clear fine, but I have taken out my washer fluid reservoir more than a few times.

this was my truck with the 35s

I loved the way it worked I hated driving it.. I'm 6 speed some of the auto guys say it's ok. But I saw a loss of power and I broke CV joints. so I went back to 33. I think if your not wheeling it you will be ok..
The one other guy I know running 35's just told me last week he plans on going back to 33's...

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
the only ones who seem to have been successful w/ 35s seem to be xterra owners. some on stock wheels, some aftermarket. they're always requiring body lifts (but obviously the body is shaped differently than ours.)

mcampana on thenewx.org comes to mind as running 35s on procomp wheels. might be worth checking out his wheel specs or pm'ing him over there.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Okay, I now you are not looking for opinions but only facts but I think this is a fact that you need to consider. Your truck will be a dog if you don't have the correct gearing. I know you said you are running 3.54s but idk what you have upgraded from. Also, it may benefit you to jump on a gear ratio calculator online and plug in your variables between your trans and rear and figure if the 35s will be a dog or not.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^Dubie
Yeah man, I didn't mean to sound like an A$$hole when I said that....just didn't want a bunch of people saying "why do you want to run 35's"...

And as for my gears the stock C200 was 3.13 gears. When we put the 3.54's in it took it back to the stock feel with 285/75/16 Maxxis Bighorn's. I know I definetly want to go with wider tires, just figured why not taller too.

Guess i should have been more specific with my current setup. Basically the gear thing I'm not worried about because IF i go to 35's it would just feel the way these 33's felt with the 3.13's. And I dont mind that.

Basically I just like the way the35's look better than 33's, but I don't want alot of problems either. (CATCH 22) I don't mind cutting plastic and I plan on running atleast a 1" spacer and aftermarket wheels once I find some I like.

Any info is welcomed just don't want to waste my time reading a bunch of retorical questions. You know what i mean.

I just came over from the Land Rover Scene and this is my first truck ever.
So just about everyone on this forum has more knowledge than i do about these trucks. I have a buddy that runs an offroad shop and we can handle the mechanical aspect of this, but neither of us have ever touched a 2Gen Frontier, as far as the body goes.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Well, first off you may have to run a larger spacer if you are really looking at a spacer. It needs to clear the oem studs then dont forget about being hubcentric.

I am not sure but most that run 35s either have massive lift and have had to trim or they have glass.

You should be good on your choice and if anything, it is a new project for you and your friend.

Good Luck and let us know how it turns out and if there are any more questions.

P.S. I fully understand about not wanting to read thru a bunch of crap just because people feel the need to post on every topic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts