Glacier White
Mods= none
Interior= none
Drivetrain = 4X4
Suspension = OEM
Tires = OEM Michelin Primacy LTX 265/65/17
Performance = none
In Progress = none
This will be a slow build at first. I only have 54 miles on it and registration fee will take a hit $. Nisstec Lifts is nearby and from what I understand, they have a 22 in the shop. I plan on full skids, sliders, a mild mid travel lift. Fond of OME setup. Had OME setup on my 07 Tundra. Don't need resi shocks because I'm not hitting the desert at speed. Most of my wheeling is at altitude on old mining roads here in CO. There is no "fast". Clearance is a premium here. I like the fact that my new Frontier has a 9" clearance stock. Not bad, but will need a bit more. That will be tested tomorrow morning. I didn't buy a Pro4X for the same reason I never bought a TRD Pro. I like to do things my way. I get that many folks don't want to deal with customizing their own suspensions. I'm 65. Started 4 wheeling when I was 16. Took auto shop and welding all 4 years in highschool. I'm only stating this to give some of my background.I like building up 4X4s. I'm new to the Frontier so If anyone wants to chime in here with any advice....please do so! I like this forum already. I appreciate all the welcome responses that I received today. I hope I can contribute some of my experiences to this new forum for me. I did do one minor "mod" today. I kept my Tundra OEM rubber mat. Trimmed out down a bit to fit my bed. Temporary. I plan on getting a full BedRug and a tonneau cover. Once again, I'm new here, don't hesitate to give me some tips.
White Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Trunk

·
Premium Member
2022 SV CC 4X4, Glacier White
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Subbing because your goals are similar to the ones I have for the 3rd gen I’d like to own someday. :)

Any exterior pics of the truck? I don’t think I’ve seen a white one yet.
I've only seen one in white. The dealer had an Alert Red inbound and two Gun Metallic's on the lot. Here you go...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I just repurposed my Tundra's OEM bed extender. Was quite easy to make it narrower. One issue....the Yota extender bed fasteners won't work. The Frontier bed sides aren't flat. Amp Research made the bed extender so going to call them to see about a new set of fasteners that will work on the new Frontier. I'll also have to swap out the plastic tailgate strap hold down clasp thingy....it's a bit too small in diameter.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Revisited the front end. Took off the license plate mount. An abomination. Not entirely sure what to do when the time comes to mount my specialty plates. Got underneath and literally checked everything out. Steering R&P is quite beefy. Seeing lots of "Dana" tags was quite reassuring to say the least. Not too keen on the 3.69 ratio at all. No doubt used to keep mpg's reasonable. My Taco had 4.10 and both my Tundras had 4.30 diff gears. MPG's sucked but a huge difference. What's great is the speed sensors are not exposed to potential damage offroad. A huge plus! One damaged speed sensor will throw up several xmas lights on the instrument panel. I spent $200 for cnc'd speed sensor armor to protect the totally exposed speed sensors on my Tunny's. I like the jounces and the hydraulic cushioning at the rear cab mounts. Have to admit the OEM rear shocks are not impressive at all. The front coilovers seem to be good enough and the UCA's seem to be beefy enough. FYI....the rear anti sway bar is a kuul add but....if you do much offroading, quick disconnects will be needed. Rear anti sway bars can and do restrict articulation when offroading. Quick disconnects are a must with the anti sway bar depending where you take your Frontier. I think the Pro4x's got the rear anti sway bar too. I'd remove it asap or get quick disconnects IMHO. Spotted the "Hockey Puck". A heat exchanger attached to the transmission that works in conjunction with trans cooler to keep trans temps within spec's under heavy load. A plus! FYI the battery supplied with the new Frontier is made by Clarios. Clarios bought out Johnson Controls battery division. The division that made Optima. I had a dual battery setup on my last Tundra. I kept my Optima RedTop group 35. Less than a year old. Going to do a dual battery setup on my new Frontier. I spotted the trailer hitch connectors zipped tied to the frame. Great....because the 7 pin plug and hitch need to go on asap.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 frontier s crew cab 4x4 and 2000 frontier xe crew cab 4x4
13 Posts
I picked up a new class III hitch and installed it, dealer does not yet have the harness in stock. I have the S and it came with the trailer sway control and inside switch but saw online where someone added a second harness and relays behind pass side foot cover, any clue why if truck is already set up for tow other than no hitch and rear harness not installed. Also if you get the oem harness lmk, thanks

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know why a 2nd harness and relay would be needed either. I'm assuming a 2021 hitch will be the same? I'll call my dealer today about ETA for the harness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just picked up my Pro-4X on Friday, 8 Oct. Sadly, I had to get the premium package to get my Baja Storm color, unless I wanted to wait a few extra months. I'm interested in your dual battery setup and would like to see pictures. That would be a useful thing to have when camping/hunting.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just picked up my Pro-4X on Friday, 8 Oct. Sadly, I had to get the premium package to get my Baja Storm color, unless I wanted to wait a few extra months. I'm interested in your dual battery setup and would like to see pictures. That would be a useful thing to have when camping/hunting.
I'm trying to figure that out. I had a bit more room in my Tundra. I'll post pics when I get it done but won't be for awhile.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I need to make a correction on a previous comment I made in regards to the rear anti sway bar limiting articulation when wheeling. I took a closer look just now. As configured there will be some vertical "play" as the springs flex. I rushed to judgement. The TRD anti sway bars that the Tundra folks were adding had very limited vertical "play" with stock suspension. Quick disconnects a must. The new Pro4x's with the anti sway bar should have no issues either with stock suspension. The Nissan anti sway bar is beefier than the TRD. Helwig does make a beefier anti sway bar than the TRD offering. This is a Frontier forum just making a comparison is all. The folks here that want to AAL to gain rear lift may have to use longer extensions to maintain articulation depending on the height gain. I plan on adding an AAL at some point. I'm still learning things about my new Frontier. Ha!

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I just got off the phone with Michael at Nisstec. Great conversation! I told him that I just purchased a new 22 SV. He was so excited. Ha! I told him I used to make a left turn off York and go to Toytec and now turning right to Nisstec. Ha. I told him I know the owner of Toytec. "Doug". Turns out that the owner of Nisstec, "Chris" , used to work with Doug. Apparently enough Nissan work came in to Toytec...Doug suggested to Chris to start his own business catering to the Nissan wheelers. Wow! Doug sold me his FN BFD rims off his SEMA show Tundra that went on my 07. Michael said that Nisstec still has a very close relationship with Toytec. My 14 Tundra that I traded in had the Aluma rear shocks that Elka makes for Toytec and that Nisstec will be offering the Aluma's for the Frontier. The Aluma's are rebuildable at a very nice price point. FYI, the 2022 mentioned here at Nisstec's shop belongs to the owner of Nisstec. The truck is at Hefty Fab in Colorado Springs right now getting fitment for a lot of 3rd gen goodies. I'm definitely headed over to Nisstec after work Friday. I'm off work at 1:30. Nisstec is maybe 15 minutes from my house. 4 wheeling is a small world it seems no matter what you drive!

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not a big deal. Actually yes. I have a sh+t load of Tundra, TRD, and Yota hats. My dealer gave me a Nissan hat for free today. They got tired of me coming in with my Yota hat. I did that on purpose so I could get a freebie hat. Ha!
Got some nice sticker swag from Nisstec today. Just used one tho....
Motor vehicle Font Art Automotive tire Advertising
Automotive tail & brake light Car Window Vehicle Automotive lighting
Hat Cap Automotive tire Fedora Baseball cap

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not a big deal. Actually yes. I have a sh+t load of Tundra, TRD, and Yota hats. My dealer gave me a Nissan hat for free today. They got tired of me coming in with my Yota hat. I did that on purpose so I could get a freebie hat. Ha!
Got some nice sticker swag from Nisstec today. Just used one tho.... View attachment 337548 View attachment 337549 View attachment 337550
I should go visit Nisstec one day. Only about 30 min from my house. My wife and wallet may not appreciate that though!

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Went up to Dakota "Hill" today for the first time with my new Frontier. 10,925ft. Prime grouse hunting spot with some real good old mine access roads that are Forest Service now. There was still a bit of snow left from last weekend. Used 4hi in a couple spots with snow. Didn't need too but wanted to see how smooth the actuator was and to get some 4X4 break in time too. Dropped down to Pickle Gulch which is a steep grade so I got to try out Hill Descent. Works great! I like that feature. Forgot to try out the Hill assist. Next weekend. This Frontier fits these old mining roads a lot better than my full size Tundra. Didn't even had to fold in the mirrors. Ha! Clearance isn't too bad at all being stock with just the All season tires. Had my grandson "Manny" with me.
Land vehicle Car Tire Wheel Vehicle
Plant Bedrock Wood Landscape Recreation
Plant Snow Natural landscape Branch Tree
Tire Vehicle Plant Wheel Car
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bit of an update concerning the Amp Research bed extender that was on my 14 Tundra that I repurposed to use on my 22. Amp Research bed extenders utilize two straps with buckles that snap into each tailgate latch to hold it in place. The strap buckles each have a buckle insert that actually snaps into the tailgate latch. It seems that the Yota inserts are a smaller diameter and dont work. I called Amp Research parts dept and got the correct part number. Was referred to Electricstep.com to place the order. Bingo! $4 for the correct strap inserts. Shipping was more. Quite stoked how it went down. The attached pics will help......maybe. Ha!
Grille Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior
White Gesture Font Line Material property
White Product Gesture Font Plant

1 - 17 of 17 Posts