Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just e-mailed the guy about shipping infprmation. He replied very quickly and responded that he just got done building it, and it will be in it way shortly!!!!! Great customer response!!!!!:goodjob:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yeah that's kind of annoying that it comes unpainted. Most people will probably just spray this with Rustoleum or something which won't be as durable as a professional paint job.

Also in the picture, what are those lights bolted too? In the picture without the lights it doesn't look like the light bar has anywhere to actually bolt a light but then in the picture with the lights it looks like there is a bar that goes across the bottom.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Yeah that's kind of annoying that it comes unpainted. Most people will probably just spray this with Rustoleum or something which won't be as durable as a professional paint job.

Also in the picture, what are those lights bolted too? In the picture without the lights it doesn't look like the light bar has anywhere to actually bolt a light but then in the picture with the lights it looks like there is a bar that goes across the bottom.
If I recall correctly the original design had the lights mounting on top of the hoop. Then they changed the design to have them mount on a cross bar across the bottom of the hoop.
In this picture the lights would mount on top of the hoop. If you look closely you can see the tabs on the back side of the bar.

·
Registered
857 Posts
hmm white i've never seen in done white before lol should look pretty cool

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well this is my truck, and i figured that black/flat black or anything else besides chrome wouldn't go, plus my hella covers are white as well. So egh, i'll see what it looks like tomorrow, hopefully, if its not snowing here tomorrow!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Ahhh! lol Should look really good bro. Nice to see something a little different other than everyone painting theirs flat black lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've been looking at one of these for some time...but holding back b/c the price seems a bit steep for what it is. Do you feel the price is worth the quality? Or could I do somethin' up w/ my buddy's welder just as well for a few bucks?
Not trying to thread crap..just hesitant on putting $165 bones down on one!
Thanx....and nice choice on color! very unique as others mentioned.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you feel the price is worth the quality? Or could I do somethin' up w/ my buddy's welder just as well for a few bucks?
Well as far as how much it costs, i did think it was a little pricey, but when i took it out of the package i changed my mind. If you believe you and your buddies welder can do the same job then by all means try it, i just don't have the set up for it. But, i would recommend buying alot of pipe because getting the bends exact on both sides is going to require alot of know how. I'm very anal about things being proportioned and i couldn't find any angels that were off. Installation is going to be here in a few hours,because its going to require hammering of the drivers side radiator support bracket, because there is an indentation on that side. But i'll get pictures as i go!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks for the input...yeah, kinda didn't think things thru on getting the bends just right. It would bug me as well if they were off...
Jdub

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.