Nissan Frontier Forum banner

White Rhino light bar

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  raine 
#1 ·
Hey y'all. So with the lockdown in my state, I figured I would do some work on my truck I'd been waiting on. I ordered the light bar for a 1 piece plastic bumper truck (2014) from White Rhino, and was happily surprised when they got it shipped out quickly. When I opened it up, though, I saw that the design was different from every other one of theirs I've seen on here.

The one I got only has the slots for the 3 points where it attaches to the bumper, and no radiator mounts at all. The three slots line up, but the bumper is way too flimsy to hold the bar, much less the bar and lights.

Does anyone know if that's a new design or something? Most people on here who have installed them did them years ago, and there seemed to be frequent issues with the design, so I'm really not sure if it's an error, or if it's just a new (bad) design. I'm going to call White Rhino on Monday and hope they can help sort it out.

In the meantime, anyone know what's up? If it won't work, I guess I will go with a bull bar to mount my round lights on, but I really do like the design of the White Rhino bar more.

#2 ·
Sorry bud, but you're gonna have to call White Rhino for an answer to your question, they're the only one who can answer that.
My WR bar has the rad support bars, but I bought mine back in 2014.

#4 ·
I had the same question when I received mine about 6 months ago. They changed the design so that now there is the main bar/flat plate plus two small L-shaped support brackets. If you didn't receive those brackets, then definitely reach out to them. I found them to be helpful. Here are a couple of pics of my install.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.