Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thank you to xpbqn, 959frontier and JagNorb for all of the help. The write ups and advice you guys have posted was extremely helpful.

as it's been said before, the camera just doesn't do the leds justice. the white lcd screens are crystal clear and everything is still dimmable from the cluster. this is set at about 3/4 brightness. i have already ordered the polarized film to swap the lcd's too. took about 3 hours, but that is because i have never soldered before and had to learn.

the next project is the a/c panel and 4wd dial in the center stack. those will go blue to match the doors and other switches.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Deltaphi216 that is freakin AWESOME!!!! Looks sick with the white! Glad it came out without hassle! Are you doing the other leds in white too! Again man, SICK! Oh yeah, i got the 18" film but that was ALOT!!! 10" is more then enough.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doors, switches, keyring, shifter all will be blue. ac/4wd selecter blue/white. haven't decided yet on them. my kenwood dvd player is blue and white so everything still matches

i was hoping that the 10" would be enough...cause that's all i ordered! :)

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Where did you get the white face from?

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Wow, Delta, the contrast of white in the daytime dnd black at night is like... night and day! Looks awesome, and then some!
:goodjob:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Looks pretty cool actually...the only thing that jumped out at me though were the gauges not lining up...not trying to nit pick, it looks good.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where did you get the white face from?
2005-2007 Xterra Pathfinder Frontier White Face Gauges 05-07 - whitegauges.net
$19.99 plus free shipping for right now. delivered 5 days after i ordered them

Wow, Delta, the contrast of white in the daytime dnd black at night is like... night and day! Looks awesome, and then some!
:goodjob:
All I can say is NNNNIIIICCCCEEEE.
I love mine (being BLUE) everyday.
2x
good job. looks good
Very impressive for not having soldered before. The white looks great.
Good Job man I like the white. I would be careful with the door switches though. Did mine blue and they are REAL bright. Feels like I am driving a spaceship.
Thank guys! I was nervous at first, but figured i have to learn to solder somehow, why not just do it!. the blue in the door switches is REALLY bright. i am working on a way to dim them down a little.

Looks pretty cool actually...the only thing that jumped out at me though were the gauges not lining up...not trying to nit pick, it looks good.
no problem! thank you for the compliment. I am not sure where you are seeing them not line up...it must be the camera because in real life, they are just about perfect. do you mean the needles? I do have to fix them still. that'll happen when the polarized film comes in for the LCD displays.

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yep, another thing that gets over looked...kinda like the 2nd glovebox in the x

·
Registered
872 Posts
Yah I should've been more more specific, I was talking about the needles not lining up, not the gauge overlays themselves.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The instructions for the white gauges say NOT to remove the needles. Are you guys finding it is easier to do it by taking them off? thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Do they have these for a 2012 non 4WD base model "S" Frontier? I love the look of the white faced gauges... I dont rember seeing it in the thread, where did you get these?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts