Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
been trying to decide on what color to go with on the calipers for days now and i finally decided to go with color matching white. no one on here i believe has done this before so im excited to see how this goes. i will post pics and let you guys weigh in!

and ps :itsfriday:

--edit--

here are the rears done, they are curing right now.

-----------UPDATE 9/18---------

the fronts are now done and curing overnight tell me what you think

·
Registered
192 Posts
been trying to decide on what color to go with on the calipers for days now and i finally decided to go with color matching white. no one on here i believe has done this before so im excited to see how this goes. i will post pics and let you guys weigh in!

and ps :itsfriday:
I've thought about it doing that too (my truck is also white), but my concern was if brake dust accumulation would make it look bad. Let us know how it works out the first week after you get it done.

·
Registered
677 Posts
If you are super anal about cleaning them it will be ok. They will still turn darker over time though. Don't let the brake dust sit on them for too long.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
duely noted! thanks espo. and yeah im pretty anal too when it comes to cleaning it. almost every time i wash it turns to a full detailing

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Looks like you got some paint on the leaf springs.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like you got some paint on the leaf springs.
Ahh, forgot about the cap.

Another quick question, did you tape it all off to spray or did you uninstall and etc... to paint?
i did get some paint on there but oh well im not too concerned about that. and i didnt take it off not enough time for that today or really the complete know how. i just taped, masked and put newspaper where ever i could. i wadded up a little and put it in the hole thats in the middle and where ever paint could get to the pads/rotor. i should state i used duplicolor high heat clear/base. its good up to 500 degress and seeing that most caliper kits have this rating it should work.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bump, just wanna make sure the changes were noticed

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Changes have been noticed. Any plans to paint the rims black?

well i have been looking at getting a set of 20" boss 330s. they come in black, grey silver and chrome. ive thought about going black but im not sold on it. seeing as though ive named my truck the stormtrooper it certainly wouldnt be a bad idea for black and possibly grey.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts