Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the ex length icon coilover right now but at the moment, my ride isnt the smoothess. its becuz the coilovers are almost maxed out for lift. so my options right now are

1. to get a 2 or 3 in spacer to sit on top so i can take a lot of the preload out of the coilover so the springs arent so compressed becuz at the moment i have really no up travel. just a lot of down travel and coilbucket contact

2. or try and do a body lift. btu i havent really looked at the price of this yet nor how much time and effort to put one on.

-as far as the spacer, i believe it will take some of the inches of travel away correct? so is this worth putting in?
-or do i go with a body lift (but id hate to see that gap between my bumper and tailgate.

so im just wondering everyones opinion and/or if they have a better solution. and yes money is tight or else id just titan swap and have all problems/dreams completed. haha and i cant just decompress the coilover cuz i have rubbing when i turn the wheel completely so it would just be even worse. thanks in advance
Art

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
if you get a bl just have your bumper brackets cut and rewelded up 2" higher and if your lifted that high you have all up travel and no down travel because your uca's are already so close to the coil bucket there fore it cant go down

also do you have aftermarket uca's they will help give you a little more travel cause they have a better design than oem

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
he's running cts spindles so his uca isn't going to be that close to the coil bucket but if he has a crap load of preload on the springs then they are probably already mostly compressed and don't have much left before they are at full compression which will hinder up travel

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you get a bl just have your bumper brackets cut and rewelded up 2" higher and if your lifted that high you have all up travel and no down travel because your uca's are already so close to the coil bucket there fore it cant go down

also do you have aftermarket uca's they will help give you a little more travel cause they have a better design than oem
yes i have total choas uca. and my mistake on the up/down travel. do u think decompressing the coilovers will be the solution to my problem? and and price on the body lift? and how hard/time to put one on?

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I would avoid the BL. If you jump your truck or etc... it can bend the mounts. This is why BLs are mainly used for rock crawling trucks and not pre-runners.

At this point, I would get a spacer to take some preload out of the springs or just get some oem Titan ucas/lcas and see how that does.

You may find some good deals in the FS sections on the forums so it may be worth a look. Heck, I find it hard to believe that you can't find a used set for pretty cheap in CA.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would avoid the BL. If you jump your truck or etc... it can bend the mounts. This is why BLs are mainly used for rock crawling trucks and not pre-runners.

At this point, I would get a spacer to take some preload out of the springs or just get some oem Titan ucas/lcas and see how that does.

You may find some good deals in the FS sections on the forums so it may be worth a look. Heck, I find it hard to believe that you can't find a used set for pretty cheap in CA.
ill check that out. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
he's running cts spindles so his uca isn't going to be that close to the coil bucket but if he has a crap load of preload on the springs then they are probably already mostly compressed and don't have much left before they are at full compression which will hinder up travel
fair enough i didnt read his sig :comphead:dont listen to me :)

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
A lot of the titan swap guys are using a 1" spacer on top of their coilovers. If you drop the coilovers to 2" and add a 1" spacer that would be a larger difference in preload.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts