Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got some deep creep (aerosol version of seafoam) and am ready to give it a go. the instructions say to spray into the brake booster vacuum line, but it seems like that may just go into one cylinder mostly, which the instructions also say to avoid. it looks like there is an emission line of some kind just behind the throttle body on the intake - would this be a better place? or how about just spraying into the TB itself?

yes - i did search, but i couldn't find a first-gen specific answer. thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what i was thinking, but i'm wary of doing that if i don't know exactly what the line is/does, you know?

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Jusr use the vacuum line that comes from the power brake booster to the crank case. This is what I use and had no issues when doing this

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Yeah thats what he means....Works well IMO

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, i tried with the brake booster line, and it seems to have worked. LOTS of smoke. hope this stuff works as well as i've heard....

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
SF thru the intake does tend to smoke out the carbon and has had great results. Only thing to remember thou is that your sparkplugs may not like it as much and may need to be replaced afterwards. Past that, just make sure you are in an open area and have at it. You may need to increase the throttle thou to ensure it doesn't stall.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Damn I like Seafoam. Used it in several cars so far and definitely a noticeable difference. True, you might have to change your plugs afterwards, pull them out and take a look. My friend has a 2006 Civic with only 80k miles and you should have seen the amount of smoke that came out of it! Surprising. Of course my old Toyota truck with 350k miles beat it for sure... Neighbors asking if the truck was on fire and stuff!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I used to do this on my Xterra. I am about to give it a shot on my Frontier. The best way I found to do it was use a clear fuel line, with a sports ball needle in the end. Put that line into the brake booster line and then use the needle to suck up the SeaFoam. The needle has two holes in it, one on the tip and one on the side. If you use just the one on the tip to suck it up, it will suck air through the side on and foam up the SF like it's supposed to. What timing do you guys recommend though? I was just going to go with introducing the SF, run for 5 minutes, turn off and let sit for 15, then start and run until the smoke stops. I usually drive it about 50 miles after that, but that's when I add the SF to the crankcase.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts