Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Which trailer wiring harness/adapter do you have?

• Hoppy

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Curt

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Draw Tite/Reese/Etrailer

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Nissan/Factory

Votes: 13 68.4%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and do you have issues with it? Place your vote!

I had a Hoppy brand on my truck when I bough it. Poor power transmission, and no brake lights. Recently swapped it out for a Curt unit, everything blinks and/or lights up with brakes and turn signals...nothing happens with the headlights.

That leaves 2 options that I know of, the draw-tite/reese brand one and Nissan. Local dealer says the factory ones aren't available anymore, they're trying to find one from another dealer somewhere in the states.

Any advice?

·
Registered
524 Posts
i got a 06 with the nissan and notting has go wrong..

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
i had 2 a/m harness's and they both didnt work right. radio blinked with blinkers and no stop lights. one was draw rite and the other reese.
got a Nissan factory now and never had another problem
its alot more to put in not a plug and play but worth it after chasing issues for a year

·
Registered
578 Posts
I just roll without trailer lights

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hopefully I'll have a voicemail from the parts desk at Nissan on Monday saying they found a Nissan harness then. If not, I think I'll be stuck with getting creative on my own or trying aftermarket ones until I find one that works.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nissan did find me a harness...at $180! I had already ordered the Hoppy brand t-style connector to try out though. Wired that in tonight and it works pretty good. Definitely not as bright as my wife's Envoy makes them light up, but sufficient for the price. Even if I do have to replace one a year, it'd take me a while to get to $180 at $30 a pop.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I installed the Hoppy on mine and it works nicely. I'm not pulling many amps with my LED trailer lights though...

Heath

1 - 10 of 10 Posts