Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i just recently purchased a 2003 frontier cc 4wd supercharged in a wonderful army green color. i love the truck and plan on keeping it for many years, so i need seat covers. it seems to me that the main ones are the wet okole, coverking and the ones at yournissanparts that have the logo stiched. i use my truck as a daily family/ work truck, need something that will protect and last. i have also looked at various ones on ebay. any help from you folks would be appreciated, which ones are right for me without breaking my bank account. thanks

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I've done a lot of research on this topic and decided on the wet okole. I ordered samples from both wet okole and cover king, and IMO the wet okole appear to be a better quality material. The OEM Nissan covers are definately cheaper, but I'm not sure I care for the fit. I've seen the wet okole's installed and they fit like a glove. I'll probably be ordering them soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the input, just out of curiosity what does the grounding kit do for the truck
thanks again

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
This is the explaination posted on the Active Tuning website, and sums it up best:

As the latest new technologies continue to find their way into our vehicles, electrical system performance becomes increasingly more critical to automotive performance. Newer cars all use computers to control virtually every aspect of the engine, transmission, and electrical accessory performance. Engines and transmissions are typically grounded to the alternator and battery in one location, and usually there is a great distance between this grounding point and the various electrical components, and these components are seldom mounted directly to the engine block or transmission case. This creates variations in the voltage at these points. When a sensor sends information to the computer, the computer in return sends out a signal to make the necessary adjustments to other components. However, if there is a slight variation in the voltage or loss of current flow, the computer will not compensate correctly and this can cause a loss of efficiency. Additionally, common grounds sharing current flow can limit the performance of various components such as electronically controlled throttle bodies. ActiveTuning offers a multi-cable system specifically engineered for each vehicle application offered. Heavy 4 gauge 99.99% pure copper audio grade cables with 1666 strands each provide a direct path to ground for critical components allowing the entire electrical system to operate at maximum efficiency.

Benefits

Grounding kits potentially offer one or more of the following benefits to your vehicle:

Increased Horse Power & Torque
Awesome Looks
Faster Shifts on Automatics
Improved Mileage
Reduced Emissions
Stronger & Faster Starts
Smoother Idle
More Responsive Acceleration
Reduced Audio Noise
Improved Electrical Accessory Performance (brighter lights, windows/sunroofs operate faster, better radio reception, etc.)
The most noticible improvement I've seen has been an increase in gas mileage! Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I too got samples of the Wet Okole and the CoverKing seat covers. Just as 05_NISMO_4X4 said the Wet Okole covers looked to be sturdier than the CoverKing
covers.

Never the less I am going to buy the CoverKing velour covers because the colors
match my interior better and the Wet Okole covers look a little too utilitarian for my taste.

I had velour covers on my 1977 Datsun KC and they held up nicely for over
20 years and 160,000 miles. Velour is tough and I am fairly easy on my truck so I foresee no problems. The velour just looks so much nicer to me.

OkieScot

·
Registered
460 Posts
Where did you guys go to order either your Wet Okole or coverking seats?\

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I plan on ordering mine through Autoanything.com as soon as they update their web site to reflect the availability of the 05/06 Frontier. I can get a 5% rebate through ebates and 10% off using the coupon "fullsizedchevy"

I e-mailed them last week, but have yet to get a reply...

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I am still trying to decide where to order my CoverKing seat covers. Autoanything does not carry them. Has anyone gotten a good deal on the CoverKings and if so where?

OkieScot

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
after much frustration and searching i finally decided to go with the covers from yournissanparts, by the way thanks for the heads up on brian. they were very helpful spoke to me at length and i did get the 10% off. as far as ordering the okole or coverking, i went directly to their sites, i found a few places that said they were cheaper but nothing significant. i will try to post some photos of them when they are installed. thanks again for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts