Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Which Frontier? Please help choosing!

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  OutFrontFrontier 
Offer him $12,800 cash and see if he takes it; if not, keep looking = just my $0.02

I'm in upstate NY and it really depends on the individual owner.

My 2006 Santa Fe bought for my wife ~22 months ago with 48K on the clocks was a winter only driver garage kept by an old couple who was moving out to AZ.

Their 3 season vehicle was a 2006 Sonata that had ~130K on the clocks and both were immaculate inside, on top and underneath.

That was the cleanest Santa Fe I saw and instantly snapped it up (it was only on the dealer lot for ~30 minutes before we purchased it)...my wife hoses it down after every snow since it doesn't have a garage to live in any more.

My Frontier also gets pressure washed between snows and we're driving to ND next week (and will be house hunting for a 2 car heated garage).

Good luck with your search!

If the price is right and the shipping makes sense, do it. 22k in a state that salts is not that bad. Keep in mind that the location also matters. If its northwest in the lake effect area it will see much more snow than central or southern PA. Have the dealer take pictures of the undercarriage so you can see. It may have been undercoated.
I had mine undercoated and the bottom looks new despite going through its 6th winter in Syracuse. We salt from oct-april every year. If we get a stretch of decent weather i will hose everything down or hit a car wash.
...shipping is going to cost anywhere from $700 - $1,900 based on the estimates we've been getting from upstate NY out to ND...its not cheap and everyone wants to be paid in cash or cashiers check.

Its also very hard to tell the reputable companies from the "not"...and the companies don't really have their own trucks, they subcontract out to drivers willing to take the job/route so our older POV is getting shipped and we're driving the Frontier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.