Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my truck used a few months ago (30k miles on it). I'm suspecting the clutch might not be what it could be - possibly mis-used or just weak to start with. I don't race my truck, but do some occassional towing and its my daily driver. Which of the aftermarket clutches would you recommend for dependability, driveability, and long life?

JWT or SPEC (stage 1 or 2).

Thanks!

Mark

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have run a few Spec Clutches in my time maybe because i am a dealer for them.. I rock the Super twin in my race car and have installed a few other more streetable clutches in customer cars.. They are a pretty good company.. If you have any technical questions Ask to speak to Danny.. he even drives an 07 frontier..

-Sam

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input Sam!

Mark

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you could, give us a heads up or review on which clutch you go with. I always had JWT in mind if I ever needed a clutch, but I didn't know Spec existed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do. I dropped SPEC a note asking which they would recommend for my usage.

Mark

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
yeah I been looking it's one of the upgrades when I get back I have blown one stock one already at 26k and I had to put a stock one back in.. there made to slip witch makes them wear faster for my ..ummm usage.. i was thinking JWT but I like the fact you have so many choices with Spec. I was looking at a 3 or 4.. but I drive my truck hard and like to down shift in corners to lock the rear.

·
Registered
201 Posts
JWT makes some world class products and they are a Nissan tuner. As much as I dread doing it again....I will be giving these guys a call when the time comes. So I say go JWT and help them continue to do what they do. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts