Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get one of the 2" lift kits with the aal for the rear. I'm having a hard time deciding between the Nisstec kit with the single aal or the PRG kit with the double aal. Does anyone know if there will be much of a difference in ride quality between the two? The Nisstec kit is cheaper, but I will have to purchase new bump stops separately as they don't come with the kit. Really what it boils down to is the ride quality. If the PRG kit will ride better then it will be worth the little bit of extra money. If there is no discernible difference between the two then I will keep the extra cash in my pocket and go with the Nisstec kit.

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
Personal exp below, may be different from other peeps:

Nisstec 1-leaf AAL
PROS
- installed really easy.
- price was good compared to PRG AAL
- customer service was excellent with them. Easy to call them during normal business hours, very helpful staff
- delivery is on time
- ride was fine, not overly stiff or uncomfortable

CONS
- if anything just a tad too stiff for my tastes (I'm picky). I'm pretty sure this is because of the single-leaf design

on the other hand...

PRG 2-leaf AAL
PROS
- installed easy as well, but you have to remove the overload leaf
- IMO ride is a little smoother than the Nisstec, feels as smooth as stock if you didn't know an AAL was installed, IMO

CONS
- price is a little higher compared to Nisstec, but you get two springs to share the load
- customer service really, really sucks with them. Mainly because it's near impossible to get anyone to answer a phone there.
- delivery is sort of a crap shoot, sometimes you're lucky and it arrives in 6 days (like me), but there's a ton of horror stories elsewhere about how long it took to get something from PRG

For either one, you don't have to buy new bump stops, you can use your OEM bump stops, but I do recommend to get new center bolts (IIRC both Nisstec and PRG came with new center bolts/nuts, but double-check that).

Hope that helps

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did the deaver 2 leaf kit from prg. I chose this over a single because I haul a good bit of weight and wanted something strong enough to not let the stock leafs flatten. I felt with nisstecs single leaf that wouldn't add much assistance. Shipping did take a little longer than expected, but just like anything else I've purchased from prg, quality is top notch.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
I did the PRG, what a great kit! Ride is outstanding, easy install and I had the kit in about a week and I'm on the east coast. PRG makes a great product, sometimes it's worth the wait, though I didn't have to.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I will let you know what I find. I bought the single leaf and 2" riser from Greg at PRG today. His belief is I will get a much better ride out of the single spring and 1.5-2" of lift, over the 2 Leaf which is going 2.5-3". Travel is not important to me, but a little clearance, ride quality are important. To handle load capacity, for boat towing and scuba tanks, Greg is suggesting airbags. We'll let you know what we find after it is all installed sometime next week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts