Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
as is typical for me, I purchased parts that I now need to figure out how to install. I recently purchased a Suitech Relay boxhttps://www.amazon.com/WATERWICH-El...sr=8-6-spons&keywords=suitech+relay+box&psc=1, which is a more reasonable version of the Spod, so i could have a hassle free way to install some lights that i am wanting. However, i did not realize until now how crammed the engine bay is and I am now having issues on figuring out where to mount it. Does anyone have any good advise on where i can mount this relay box in the engine bay for a nice clean install? the box is about 7" long x 3-3/8"deep x 3-3/4" tall.

thanks for any ideas or help!!

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Pics? And have a plan for the switch?

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
hey guys,
as is typical for me, I purchased parts that I now need to figure out how to install. I recently purchased a Suitech Relay boxhttps://www.amazon.com/WATERWICH-El...sr=8-6-spons&keywords=suitech+relay+box&psc=1, which is a more reasonable version of the Spod, so i could have a hassle free way to install some lights that i am wanting. However, i did not realize until now how crammed the engine bay is and I am now having issues on figuring out where to mount it. Does anyone have any good advise on where i can mount this relay box in the engine bay for a nice clean install? the box is about 7" long x 3-3/8"deep x 3-3/4" tall.

thanks for any ideas or help!!
At 7x4x4" you only have two spots you can access easily when you start connecting stuff - there's tons of space behind the grill on the driver's side (what I would do), or you can mount it vertically in front of the airbox against the radiator support.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the ideas guys. I will look more at the front driver area, thanks Raine!

Here is a ling to the unit i picked up. Seems pretty well made. The unit comes with its own switch panel, that is not the greatest but it will work for now. All in all I'm pretty happy with this unit. I will post up a review once I have some time with it!

https://www.amazon.com/WATERWICH-Electronic-Circuit-Waterproof-Assemblies/dp/B0749D7G8B/ref=sr_1_8_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1508853275&sr=8-8-spons&keywords=suitech+relay+box&psc=1

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Depending on your lighting needs and if you are able to swing it, would opt for the Switch-Pros. I have the module mounted on the firewall and switch panel on my overhead console.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Depending on your lighting needs and if you are able to swing it, would opt for the Switch-Pros. I have the module mounted on the firewall and switch panel on my overhead console.
I think what OP got is a copy of the SwitchPros unit

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Yep was suggesting to OP no longer needing mechanical relays or fuses (Switch-Pros is solid state); I can't run a winch but use it for LED's.

I had an OTRATTW 6 gang switch panel for about a year and opted for SP when they added new switch panel backlighting this year (went with red).

I hope they work out for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts