Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok well i finally upgraded my phone the other day going from a older Samsung S7 to the new Samsung S20 Ultra. being a way bigger phone i dont have a place to put it anymore. so i would love to see pics of what everyone does with their phones while driving. Thinking of a Ram mount as i have them on both my motorcycles and my ATC,
Best and safest place to put a phone is actually LEFT of your steering wheel.

·
Registered
2018 Arctic Blue SV KC 2WD V6 AT.
21 Posts
I stuck a magnetic mount on the panel just below the top of the dash. I wanted the phone up high so I don't have to look down when I use Maps or Waze. I have the regular-sized Pixel 3a phone, not the plus-sized. My magnetic charging cable keeps the phone from rotating due to road vibrations.

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
I use a Scoche Magic Mount.
And I am still on the Galaxy S4 (rooted).
I have this same Scosche attached above the hazard button. Used to have a magnetic mount in the tray on the dash above the head unit but this works out better whether I’m plugged in for Apple CarPlay, just to charge, or just to hang the phone.

Reactions: butterman2473

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,197 Posts
Hey butterman, good thing that phone is rooted or no way it would fit in that mount
Lol
I'm keeping my old azz Galaxy S4 til it's no longer functional. Runnin a custom rom, Albe95 Note 4 Port.
I cut out the inside of my Speck case to fit the metal plate to eliminate the bulge. It doesn't move at all on the magnet mount while driving.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,197 Posts
I have this same Scosche attached above the hazard button. Used to have a magnetic mount in the tray on the dash above the head unit but this works out better whether I’m plugged in for Apple CarPlay, just to charge, or just to hang the phone.
I would have to give this mount a rating of 5 jalapeños.

·
Registered
2015 crew SV value pkg 4x4
13 Posts
popsocket on my phone and a popgrip mount stuck to the flat panel to the left of the radio where the hazard button is.

·
Registered
2017 SV Kingcab
1 Posts
I use the Scosche magnetic wireless charging mount,. Used to use the smaller mount someone mentioned here but upgraded to the wireless one. Still use the smaller Scosche magnetic mount for other stuff like my GPS.

·
Registered
449 Posts
popsocket on my phone and a popgrip mount stuck to the flat panel to the left of the radio where the hazard button is.
Is your bezel around the hazard button silver-painted? Any issues with the mount taking the paint off?

·
Registered
1 Posts
8080D79F-CAE4-4619-B683-AE3CA4D49F98.jpeg

Ok well i finally upgraded my phone the other day going from a older Samsung S7 to the new Samsung S20 Ultra. being a way bigger phone i dont have a place to put it anymore. so i would love to see pics of what everyone does with their phones while driving. Thinking of a Ram mount as i have them on both my motorcycles and my ATC,

I bought ProClip. Specifically for Frontier. Clips in (I didn’t use the 3M tape that comes attached. Very sturdy once clipped in. I ordered with Schosh magnetic base.

Attachments

·
Registered
869 Posts
In my Pocket and use my phone as a wi-fi portable hotspot to a 10" Samsung android tablet that I industrial velcro'ed in front of my stock stereo....I have a 2012 so my truck did not come from the factory with a stock screen. I can split the screen and run google maps and spotify then I just use the aux in for sound.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Never had any luck with those cell phone mounts so in the cup holder is where mine goes. I will say the Bluetooth voice texting and calling is pretty good in these trucks
I wish I could get mine to work. I get the incoming texts fine but even though it says my phone is connected if I make a call it only comes thru the phone. Same if I get a call. The dealer set it up after I had no luck and still doesnt work. Luckily I dont get many calls but the times I’d like to make one it would be nice if the feature worked.

·
Registered
2015 crew SV value pkg 4x4
13 Posts
Is your bezel around the hazard button silver-painted? Any issues with the mount taking the paint off?
Sorry. I totally missed this question. Yes mine is painted silver and my original popsocket mount actually broke a couple weeks ago and I needed to remove it and put a new one on. I had zero issues with it peeling the paint off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
3399ACCE-2847-49D2-BFBA-9FE49C66432D.jpeg

41 - 59 of 59 Posts