Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!!!

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a hidden front hitch receiver like this one? I saw this on Google but can't find any kind of contact info or a webpage. It also looks like this may be on an Xterra but I would imagine there might be something out there for a Frontier. Not sure if it is custom but is pretty much what I am looking for for my 2017 Frontier Pro-4x.

I really like the look of this and the accessibility of the hitch receiver and anchor points. I also like how it sits up and out of the way in the bumper, unlike many of the standard front receivers on the market that hang down below the bumper.

Thanks for any pointers and hopefully I can find it out there somewhere.

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

·
Registered
432 Posts
Look at WAM bumpers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look at WAM bumpers.
Thank you! I will check it out. I am not sure I really want a permanent mount for a winch but will check out their options. What first drew my attention to the front receiver is the versatility. I appreciate the help and will check it out!

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
I love the receiver front mount way better than the wam recessed winch mount. Let me know if you find one. I'd DEFINITELY be interested

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Hi there!!!

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a hidden front hitch receiver like this one? I saw this on Google but can't find any kind of contact info or a webpage. It also looks like this may be on an Xterra but I would imagine there might be something out there for a Frontier. Not sure if it is custom but is pretty much what I am looking for for my 2017 Frontier Pro-4x.

I really like the look of this and the accessibility of the hitch receiver and anchor points. I also like how it sits up and out of the way in the bumper, unlike many of the standard front receivers on the market that hang down below the bumper.

Thanks for any pointers and hopefully I can find it out there somewhere.

View attachment 335658
So friggin cool man. The versatility 😍😍😍

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
223 Posts
I’d buy one today, right now. I’ve seen the WAM winch mount, but I’d MUCH rather have a receiver hitch. If not one like this, I’ll end up putting one under the bumper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’d buy one today, right now. I’ve seen the WAM winch mount, but I’d MUCH rather have a receiver hitch. If not one like this, I’ll end up putting one under the bumper.
Yeah, I hope I can find something like it or similar. I like the receiver idea better as well. I would probably go with the hidden winch carrier if I were planning to use it all the time but I would like to be able to use the front of my truck for other things when not on the trails. Let me know if you come across something too!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah, I hope I can find something like it or similar. I like the receiver idea better as well. I would probably go with the hidden winch carrier if I were planning to use it all the time but I would like to be able to use the front of my truck for other things when not on the trails. Let me know if you come across something too!
I had just about made up my mind to just buy a front receiver hitch that mounts under the bumper when I saw this, but I’m betting this is somebody’s custom set-up. I can cut, & I can stick metal together, but I wouldn’t say I’m a welder. If I could cobble something like this together, I don’t know that I’d trust that it’d hold under a load.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Meeeeeeee 2

·
Registered
385 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I had just about made up my mind to just buy a front receiver hitch that mounts under the bumper when I saw this, but I’m betting this is somebody’s custom set-up. I can cut, & I can stick metal together, but I wouldn’t say I’m a welder. If I could cobble something like this together, I don’t know that I’d trust that it’d hold under a load.
If we ignore the cost, what you could do is merge both the front hitch setup and the behind bumper winch setup. This assumes there isn't something in the market already.

Here I played with perspective to visualize what I mean so forgive the odd look.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thank you! I will check it out. I am not sure I really want a permanent mount for a winch but will check out their options. What first drew my attention to the front receiver is the versatility. I appreciate the help and will check it out!
I would call WAM and see if they could build what you want. They have custom options and what you want should be easy for them to do.

Another thread on this:

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
If we ignore the cost, what you could do is merge both the front hitch setup and the behind bumper winch setup. This assumes there isn't something in the market already.

Here I played with perspective to visualize what I mean so forgive the odd look.

View attachment 335673
Yeah I think we'd have to get it made.
This is what I was looking for.
I wonder how much that would be.
Automotive tire Grille Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ordered my front hitch at etrailer out of St Louis; current price around $175.00
Thank you. Does it hang down below the bumper or is it tucked away like in the picture I posted? I have seen a bunch that hang down below and I am hoping to find one that doesn't change my front end clearance. I appreciate the response!

·
Registered
223 Posts
As sold it will set below frame rails; I reversed mounts to gain 5-6" clearance.
By reversed mounts, do you mean you just mounted it upside down, or did you cut it, flip it, & reweld it? Do you have a picture?

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
By reversed mounts, do you mean you just mounted it upside down, or did you cut it, flip it, & reweld it? Do you have a picture?
I'm following this one too, I want to do this w/o carrying around another 115# on my nose all day long, every day. A detachable winch'd be the bee's knees. I know somebody on here did it, but I don't have the time or most importantly, the welding skilz to pull it off safely.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry for the slow response. I was speaking figuratively; it is not just flipping mounts over. I was referring to the receiver placement after measuring, cutting and welding new brackets. Best of luck to all; I am sure each will get a slightly different result.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts