Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
? Max Tire Size on 6" Lifted Frontier - HELP

I just got a 6 inch lift kit installed on my 2016 frontier pro 4X. I want to replace my factory 30" tires with the largest I can fit without serious rubbing. I was hoping to be able to fit 35x12.5x??? on a 9" wide wheel. I was hoping that someone out there could recommend best fit. Help

·
Registered
18 Posts
Even with a 6" lift the way the wells are shaped the biggest tires you can fit are 33 x 12.5 r whatever size rim. Or around there. You will have to do some cutting to fit 35s I believe.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. It is much appreciated. I don't mind doing a little trimming. Saw a couple of YouTube videos that had a Frontier with 35's. But I'm not sure what year there frontier was. Do you know when or if the body style changed… Is the 16 the same body as the earlier Frontiers. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
7,856 Posts
It takes some fairly serious cutting to fit 35s on aftermarket wheels even with 8" of lift. You can clear almost any 33" tire on an 8.5" wide aftermarket wheel but even 33/12.5s will require a little bit of trimming with 9" wide wheels. I'm running 35s on my rig and there should be some pix of the trimming I've done in my build thread. I had to do a bit more trimming when I went to the Titan swap as well just fyi.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Nomad 13. I think I'll take your advice and go with 33's. I was thinking the same but wasn't exactly sure about the 35's even though I've seen some videos out there with them. Thanks again I really appreciate your comments.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
i am interested to see the work in progress and final product

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should be able to have something out there early next week. Still haven't decided on aftermarket wheels but will know soon. Once I get that altogether I'll get some pictures to show. Thank you for your reply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts