Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i have an '06 xe and I was wondering if i could put nismo wheels with p265/75R16's without having to do a body lift.. i know the xe sits lower than the nismo and I was curious if the wheels will fit okay.. thanks,

·
Registered
570 Posts
All Frontiers have essentially the same ride height. I know the Nismo sits a little highter than the rest, but look at the space you've got around the stock 15s and consider that 16" wheels have always been an option on the XE (with the appearance package). You should have no problem fitting the Nismo wheels.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
They will fit. Another member that drives a burgendy 2nd gen XE is or was running them. It defiently fits but you need to remember now you have a heavier tire/wheel combo so idk how your acceleration is giong to be doing. Then don't forget about braking.

There is still a debate whether the XE brakes are smaller or not but since only the XEs can rock the OEM 15s but others have been able to fit the non OEM 15s.

In the end it is a calculated decision but you should be alright. Just keep the possibilities in the back of your mind while driving and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay great thanks guys! i know my speedometer will be a little off, a loss of power, and my mpg's will go down but how big of a change do you think it will it be running this wheel setup??

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Search "tire size calculator" on google and the first site that pops up will tell you what your difference will be.

Just remember the speedo is already off from the factory so this could theoredically fit it, lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay thanks, it says that with the bigger wheels it will be 13.2% too slow.. i have trouble believing that the wheels would throw the speedometer off 7 mph though??? Am i reading something wrong??

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Remember all the vehicle knows is that for 1 revolution of the wheel, it is susposed to move x amount of feet or miles. If you increase the size of the tire, the circumference increases and thus you are moving more then your truck thinks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
They look awesome and really make a difference! they raised the truck up a few inches which is the exact look i was hoping for! thanks again!! before
and after

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
thanks, i got those used and i payed $500.. they really make the truck look different and new.. the only dramatic difference i have noticed is that the steering is alot stiffer but its no biggy.. other than that i have no complaints it was totally worth the money

·
Registered
64 Posts
Those look sweet :fantastic: It looks like you still have plenty of clearance and it fills out the wheel wells just right. If you think the steering is stiff now, try going from those to 12.5" wide 35s. Now we just need to go get your rig muddy...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
ahhh yes, those do look great. I want to do the same thing when I'm due for new tires, but the darn general grabbers just aren't wearing out fast enough!

Did you get 5 wheels or just the 4? I think I would want the spare to be the same as the other wheels.. but I have no reasoning behind that.

·
Registered
564 Posts
ah nevermind, you have a thread with pics. looks sick..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ahhh yes, those do look great. I want to do the same thing when I'm due for new tires, but the darn general grabbers just aren't wearing out fast enough!

Did you get 5 wheels or just the 4? I think I would want the spare to be the same as the other wheels.. but I have no reasoning behind that.
Yea, just the four.. no but i thought about that too because of the way it would ride with the bigger tires.. i think having an old spare will be fine considering i probably wont be more than 10 minutes from an auto parts store or something and i would only be driving on that tire for a short length of time..The truck would probably not drive right but as long as it could get me there it will be okay.. I have seen the same size tire but with the stock 15" rim and it makes the wheel look smaller.. i would go with a nicer rim when you get new tires... thats of course if you can find some..

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wow what a difference! Do the Nismo's have a heavier suspension and why'd they sell such cool wheels?

·
Registered
10 Posts
245/70R16 fit on SE wheels?

I just purchased some used studded tires and was planning on putting those on the stock XE wheels, and then I found some 16" SE wheels to use as regular street wheels. Would narrower 245/70R16 fit those tires OK, or is that too narrow for the wheel? I am looking to maintain the mileage of the truck and don't mind the look of the narrow tire, as long as it fits properly. The online tire calculator likes going to 245 size rather than 265.

Thanks much,
John

·
Registered
427 Posts
I ran 245/70/17's and they were just fine. You won't have any problems running the 245/70/16.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts