Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past few Winters, I have swaped my own tires. This year, I just didn't have time so for the first time ever, I brought my truck to the dealer (which I already don't like) today to remove my snow tires and install the all-season tires. Both sets are on rims, so all the dealer had to do was to swap the wheels. The all-season rims have the TPMS sensors and the Winter rims do not. That just means that I spend my Winters with the TPMS light on - no problem. The tech at the dealership tried to charge me for a diagnostics charge claiming that pluging my truck to their computer was the only way to reset the TPMS sensors since they had been removed from the truck for so long. As I recall, I have never had any such problems in the past. All I had to do was drive around after installing the all-season rims, the TPMS light would turn off and everything would be fine.

Am I correct? Was he trying to pull a fast one? I argued with him and he finally agreed no to charge me the diagnostic charge....especially since I never agreed to it or asked for it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I just took off my winter tires without the TPMS and put on my summers with. The first time I fired it up the light blinked for a bit longer than usual but finally turned off on its own. Been normal ever since.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
I'm in the exact same situation as you, 2 sets of wheels, TPMS however are in the winters, cause winters are longer up here.
You are correct, once the TPMS wheels are back on the truck they system will recongise and stop all the flashing/staying on.
I think the tech was just an idiot ... and didnt know what he was talking about ...

d-mo

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I knew it! I couldn't remember what I did last year, but I sure knew that I never paid for a diagnostic charge!

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
How's the beater set of rims (my old ones) holding up?
Paint still flaking?
I have another set that will be for sale soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts