1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have some Wheel adapters for sale with 15k miles on them. Details:

-purchased from wheel adapters.com
-1.5"
-6x4.5-6x5.5
-hub-centric
-ALL install hardware included

Great Condition! No stripped lugs or anything of that sort.

Only $265 shipped

Excuse the pics** Taken with a blackberry.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
bump for a good deal

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When i first installed them it did, however once i got it aligned it was fine. ^^

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
same diameter of the hub

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BUMP. Still for sale

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
cant see the pics but if they are hubcentric they bolt up exactlly how the rim would bolt up to the hub. the only downside is that they put added stress on the hubs but no more stress then a different offset rim would. think about it... if a new rim mounts up 1.5 additional inches from the frame then the stock rim the unsprung weight is offset just the same as a 1.5" spacer would. i got my adapters from the same place, very good quality.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yes. Still available. Pics in a couple minutes

·
Registered
60 Posts

This is a hub centric adapter, note the mounting ring.

The adaptor's you have are lug centric, which is correct for our vehicles. The hype about hub centric is overblown anyways.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts

The adaptor's you have are lug centric, which is correct for our vehicles. The hype about hub centric is overblown anyways.

WRONG.. that 'MOUNTING RING' you refer to makes it WHEEL CENTRIC which allows the rim to be supported by the adapter along with the lug nuts.

The hole in the center assuming it's bored out exactly to our hub diameter makes it HUB CENTRIC.

LUG CENTRIC is when the center hole is larger in diameter than the hub so the hub plays no part in supporting the adapter. The lug nuts are the only thing holding and centering the adapter.

The adapters for sale appear to be HUB centric but most definitely NOT WHEEL or LUG centric.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sorry to go off-topic but I've gotta get my .02 in. If the lug nuts are tapered, would it matter if the wheels/adapters are "centric"? I would think that tightening down the lug nuts would center the rim. I've also taken a look behind my wheel when its off and there is no sign of any contact between the hub and the inside of my wheel. For the hub-centric idea to work, they would have to be in contact wouldn't they?

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Yah he's right. I just got my adapter custom made and that lip makes them wheel centric. And if they fit snug around the hub then they are hub centric as well.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Wheel centric sir. Get your stuff straight. Mine are hub-centric. Better to be than not

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still available!!! BUMP!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
WRONG.. that 'MOUNTING RING' you refer to makes it WHEEL CENTRIC which allows the rim to be supported by the adapter along with the lug nuts.

The hole in the center assuming it's bored out exactly to our hub diameter makes it HUB CENTRIC.

LUG CENTRIC is when the center hole is larger in diameter than the hub so the hub plays no part in supporting the adapter. The lug nuts are the only thing holding and centering the adapter.

The adapters for sale appear to be HUB centric but most definitely NOT WHEEL or LUG centric.
I never knew that. Thanks for clearing that up! Def useful info.

So are you desprete enought to sell these for cheep yet?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts