Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vroom:

·
Registered
2020 Frontier SV CC 4x2 Midnight Edition
220 Posts
The OP's offer is laughable. I would think that truck would easily sell closer to 8-9k in today's market. Similar to what I was offered for my '11 Taco last Sept. I got offers of 7500-8k from those guys and sold it on my own for 10,800 with little effort.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The OP's offer is laughable. I would think that truck would easily sell closer to 8-9k in today's market. Similar to what I was offered for my '11 Taco last Sept. I got offers of 7500-8k from those guys and sold it on my own for 10,800 with little effort.
Well, Tacomas sell themselves so there's that. Their offers are probably along the lines of, "We'll take it, but to make it worth it for us, we'll give you half of what we think we'll get at auction for it."

Also, CarMax and the like are after cars that are less than ten years old with less than 100,000 miles. Cars older than that usually go to auction and are bought by private used car or buy-here-pay-here lots.

For example, I got a Carvana offer of $22,587 for my Frontier with 48k miles. If I change nothing except bumping the mileage to 120,000 miles, the offer drops to $15,158.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try the same vehicle on NadaGuides.com , the bible for used car values.
That's more like it. Figure Vroom / Carvana is going to tack on a couple thousand to make a profit.
I figure I'll eventually replace it with a utility trailer. Now that all the bugs are worked out I plan to hold on to it awhile longer.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just ran my 2020 SV Midnight with 3900 miles through the NADA guide. Rough trade in is $28k and goes up to $34k for clean retail and even $35,600K for CPO. None of these numbers make any sense at all. The full sticker on my truck was $32,500 when I bought it and I paid 26,500 before TTL. Then again they have a link to the below at a local Nissan dealer so who knows....

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
changing my entry on carvana from modified to not modified it bumped me up to 27,905

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am stunned. Just ran my truck through Carvana and the offer is $30,411. 4k more than I paid for the truck in 9/20.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am stunned. Just ran my truck through Carvana and the offer is $30,411. 4k more than I paid for the truck in 9/20.
There's a world wide shortage on Semi-Conductors causing low inventory on new vehicles and high demand on used.

Figure folks are tired of being locked down by repressive local governments and now want a 4x4 to head out into the wilderness with.

Reactions: RamTest

·
Registered
16 Posts
Prices are crazy right now! I paid carvana $20,500 for my '18 4x4 sv with 38,000 miles about a year ago, & KBB says that it's worth about $29,000 private party. Carvana emails me weekly trying to buy to back lol.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
2016 Pro4x with lux package 48k - $22,788.....

Reactions: drobs

·
Super Moderator
11,160 Posts
It’s so strange to see the local Nissan dealer and very large Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram with much of the lots empty and the cars spaced apart to appear less awkward.
You may sell what you have and do well but what you buy will be at a premium too.

Clint

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
It’s so strange to see the local Nissan dealer and very large Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram with much of the lots empty and the cars spaced apart to appear less awkward.
You may sell what you have and do well but what you buy will be at a premium too.

Clint
man you see what the mark up on food is lately? NUTS!

Reactions: RamTest
1 - 20 of 34 Posts