Nissan Frontier Forum banner

What's up with the OEM Tonneau?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  2Dollar 
#1 ·
I was messing around on the Nissan site today, doing the build your own thing, and noticed that if you choose the KC LE the $1060.00 hard tonneau is automatically selected! If you un-check it, you're kicked back to a stripped NISMO. If you add any of the options available on the NISMO, the dumb $1060.00 Hard Tonneau is automatically added, and if you try and remove it, all the other selected options are removed!

Is this a glitch in the system, or is Nissan so over stocked on these things that they are forcing customers to pay $1060.00 regardless of whether you want it or not!

Anyone recently order a new 06 and been forced to take this option? I've not noticed any of the 06 models at the local dealerships with this tonneau, so I'm thinking maybe it's just a bug in their website...

#2 ·
I see that too. I wonder if the covers are all black, or are they color matched.

#3 ·
From what I understand, they are either black or dark grey and match the bed rail caps.

Either way, I think it's a rip to force that expensive an option on you! I kind of like my Trifecta cover, it's light weight, can be folded up to access 2/3rd's of the bed or removed completely in a couple minutes and stored behind the seats! Not to mention it cost less than a 1/3rd of what they want for the OEM cover!

#4 ·
I posted this earlier this morning, and just recieved an e-mail wanting me to take a survey about the Frontier. Several of the questions dealt with available options and the packaging of options! Well, they wanted honesty, I gave it to them, with both barrels! Forcing a $1000.00 option on someone is paramount to robbing them at gun point!

Anyway, for what's it's worth, I told them how I really feel... And, I doubt I'll be the winner of the $500.00 either, but hey, I got my say!

I also told them I'd like to see the Frontier offered in a NISMO CC, 4X4, with a 6 speed manual transmission, an available Turbo Diesel engine, Climate Control, In-dash NAV System and Heated Leather Seats! All available as stand alone options, no more of these silly packages! :lol:

#5 ·
Sadly it will never happen...

it is way to expensive from a mass production standpoint to allow "check box" options...

basicaly if you look at it in terms of code you have

Code:
if($model == "XE") {
  $options=array(whatever, whatever, bla, bla, etc...);
}
elseif($model == "SE")
  $options=array(You get the point);
}
instead of $options being an infinant variable, you have rigid standards....

stating that if it is an XE then it has these options, if you want this you have to upgrade to se, nismo, le... what ever...

it is just cheaper to do that way...

#7 ·
LOL...

I am proficint in perl... that is php... I do that more often than perl XD

#8 ·
Argo73 said:
I see that too. I wonder if the covers are all black, or are they color matched.
The hard covers are made of the same grey pebble-grained plastic that the bed rail caps and tailgate handle surround and the rear bumper cap are made of. Matches perfectly. It's not coated with any paint or anything, just molded plastic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.