Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First question for the forum.

If you go to nissanusa.com and select build, crew cab, 4x2 the second truck is the SV V6 starting at $25,750, then if you scroll down to the 5th/last option it's the SV V6 again but this time starting at $26,470. Anyone know the difference?

Second question:

The current body style is now 12 years old. Any rumors as to a major redesign? I own a 2002 XE and was going to buy new but I don't want to go the new route if the 2018/19 is "all new".

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well honestly even if there is a brand new design coming out in the next couple of years your better off avoiding it anyway. New vehicles have more problems and issues because the manufacturer puts them out before working out all of the bugs. I just bought a used 2016 pro4x myself. The design might be outdated compared to everyone else but frankly I liked that about it. It had all the tech I like and none of the tech I don't. I liked the look of the new Colorado and Tacoma but for me I preferred a solid truck that's had the majority of issues worked out as opposed to something that I'll have to fix time and time again. Plus the cost was about 10k less than the others. As for the first question you asked, I'd have to look myself but I would imagine one is auto and the other manual or long bed vs short bed or 4 vs 6 cylinder.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The current frontiers are selling like crazy because they are a quality truck and because they are thousands less than the redesigned Toyota or GMs. Nissan is smart not to rush to put out a new model that will be more expensive and less truck.

·
Registered
277 Posts
First question for the forum.

If you go to nissanusa.com and select build, crew cab, 4x2 the second truck is the SV V6 starting at $25,750, then if you scroll down to the 5th/last option it's the SV V6 again but this time starting at $26,470. Anyone know the difference?

Second question:

The current body style is now 12 years old. Any rumors as to a major redesign? I own a 2002 XE and was going to buy new but I don't want to go the new route if the 2018/19 is "all new".
The difference is short bed versus long bed.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
I thought the SV was a typo from SV

·
Registered
277 Posts
First Question: I have a hunch the second one is the long bed, but I can't find anything that confirms that.
When you build it, it says long bed in the summary.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not to mention, its easier to get accessories and mods for a model thats been around for a bit. A new model will have more limited aftermarket options, and they will be more expensive. That plus the community is more familiar with the older one, so more people to get advice when you need help with something.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Actually, the cheaper SV is a regular SV, the $2,000 increase for the other truck is because it's the Value Truck package. The long bed then adds a little more on to the sticker.

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
That website is all messed up. I saw a KC in the CC 4x4 section.

The VTP is added via "Packages" after choosing "Color".

·
Registered
277 Posts
Actually, the cheaper SV is a regular SV, the $2,000 increase for the other truck is because it's the Value Truck package. The long bed then adds a little more on to the sticker.
I don't think so. The VTP is still an option on the more expensive SV.
The Value Truck package is an option on either the regular bed or the long bed 6 cylinder SV that the OP was comparing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Okay, so I hate to resurrect an old thread, but this one appears to be answering my questions.

I am a new 2015 SVCC owner, and I've never been a "car" guy, so reading all this is still a foreign language to me. (How quickly one becomes a "car guy" when they have a new, cool toy is amazing though.)

Looking around, I thought I had been babmboozled by the dealer when I looked at my truck and it did not have a spray-in bedliner and Utilitrack...but it looks like that those are items in the "Value Truck Package (VTP)".

So the new question is, (and the internet has not been helpful in finding explanations), if I don't have a truck with the VTP, do I have a base model SV? Mine has a drop in bedliner, no fog lights, no floor mats (is THAT normal?), but it has the higher-end factory radio with bluetooth and XM radio.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Okay, so I hate to resurrect an old thread, but this one appears to be answering my questions.

I am a new 2015 SVCC owner, and I've never been a "car" guy, so reading all this is still a foreign language to me. (How quickly one becomes a "car guy" when they have a new, cool toy is amazing though.)

Looking around, I thought I had been babmboozled by the dealer when I looked at my truck and it did not have a spray-in bedliner and Utilitrack...but it looks like that those are items in the "Value Truck Package (VTP)".

So the new question is, (and the internet has not been helpful in finding explanations), if I don't have a truck with the VTP, do I have a base model SV? Mine has a drop in bedliner, no fog lights, no floor mats (is THAT normal?), but it has the higher-end factory radio with bluetooth and XM radio.
Yep its normal to not have floor mats on a base SV unless they were dealer added, and while it looks high end the radio is the same in both the base SV & SV-VT

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
4-cyl or V6 'SV' is another question? Terrible nomenclature by Nissan, imho.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts

The VTP radio is actually different than the regular SV radio for 2015. The VTP radio is touchscreen with navigation and the truck was built with an entirely different wiring harness to allow for the backup camera and other accessories.

Though it's an officially undocumented feature, the regular SV radio can support a backup camera, but you have to add your own wiring and figure out how to power it. Frankly I'm at the point of deciding whether to try to integrate a backup camera with my stock radio, or to replace the radio entirely. I've had about a year to get used to the phone controls (they suck!) and when my wife's Jeep went in for service I borrowed her USB flash full of music, and the stock radio's controls for the music player also suck. I'm thinking aftermarket might well make it suck a lot less.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have the value truck package on my 2016 SV and it does not have built in navigation. It does have a backup camera. It is not touchscreen. I have heated seats, ultili-track and spray in bed liner.

·
Registered
544 Posts
The VTP radio is actually different than the regular SV radio for 2015. The VTP radio is touchscreen with navigation and the truck was built with an entirely different wiring harness to allow for the backup camera and other accessories.
While I can't comment to what "might" have been different in 2015 but the radio in the 2016 VT package is NOT touchscreen nor does it have navigation... I have an SV-VT and it's exactly the same 5" display as used in the base SV except that it has the BUC whereas the touchscreen is a 6" display...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts