Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals. I need help finding a new tonneau cover for my 05 Frontier LE. I currently have a BAK RollBak Tonneau Cover and let me say that "IT SUCKS". I was on the freeway coming home from work and it all of the sudden rolled itself. It's broken so it can't be used. I was able to unroll it and use the side utilitracs to tie it, but it will not lock anymore. As well as it's not water proof at all. Can anyone please help me find one that's loyal, looks decent and gives me full use of the utilitrac system in the tailgate it would be great. Also one that locks so I can lock the tailgate and keep my tools or property safe. Thank you guys/gals in advance for any help.

Ricky C.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Undercover is pretty good, but it's kinda pricey cuz it's a hard top. Fit all your criteria though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wyldcat89. A while ago I saw a Versa Cover and was interested in something like that. What other options are there out there for me?

Ricky C.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I've got a Truxedo Truxport. It's a soft roll up, rolls up very nice. Only issue I have is the weather strip on the back rail (that seals on the tailgate). It's an easy fix, just takes an email and you get a new one in about two days. Great cover though. Been rockin mine for 3 1/2 years now.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got the RETRAX "Rigid Retractable" bed cover.
It locks, and is Utilitrac friendly.
Here's a few pics.....

·
Registered
366 Posts
i love my trifecta knock off i bought. completly waterproof so far and i can just lock my tailgate and be good

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to take a look at those and see what I could come up with. Once again thank each of you for your help.

Ricky C.

·
Registered
846 Posts
the rollup concept is great untill you see how much space you lose up front... I'd go soft top or, reluctantly based on the POS standard G2 bakflip i have now, the HD Bakflip. I dont see a better concept for a hard cover out there than Bakflip. It easily folds up and out of the way, can be removed in seconds if it has too and placed in the bed or stored easily away.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I like mine, the retrax.

I got it on my work truck so it is not as nice looking as Katsu's gray one. Locks in any position 0 leaks (I can pressure wash my truck and it still doesn't leak)

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
the rollup concept is great untill you see how much space you lose up front... I'd go soft top or, reluctantly based on the POS standard G2 bakflip i have now, the HD Bakflip. I dont see a better concept for a hard cover out there than Bakflip. It easily folds up and out of the way, can be removed in seconds if it has too and placed in the bed or stored easily away.
i would have gotten one if not for that reason....i bought my truck so i load my bike up and with the bike all tha way forward it sits hlaf way on the tailgate. if i remember the rollup uses 8" of space up front so i wouldn't be able to put my bike back there....i've been usin the Access Loredo lopro for 3 yrs now and love...have to get some new weather strippin for the tailgate since when it rains heavily i'll get some leakage but overall i'm 100% happy with it. i'm just hesistant of leavin real valuable thinks in it since all it take is some a$$hole with a razor to get access to my bed

·
Registered
846 Posts
i would have gotten one if not for that reason....i bought my truck so i load my bike up and with the bike all tha way forward it sits hlaf way on the tailgate. if i remember the rollup uses 8" of space up front so i wouldn't be able to put my bike back there....i've been usin the Access Loredo lopro for 3 yrs now and love...have to get some new weather strippin for the tailgate since when it rains heavily i'll get some leakage but overall i'm 100% happy with it. i'm just hesistant of leavin real valuable thinks in it since all it take is some a$$hole with a razor to get access to my bed
Yup, somewhat stuck myself cause' i keep a nice assortment of tools in the bed. I just wish Bak would figure out that arching the top to allow for some sagging might help. Once weather gets better, i'm removing mine and rebuilding it. I'll put the channels thru the rollers in the shop to arch em' then i'm having the panels sprayed with bed liner to seal it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm getting the backflip this spring/summer. I want something that secures and doesn't take up my bed; the bed's small enough as it is as a CC owner.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
I Have A Trifecta For Sale $250, I Put A Cap On. Pm If Interested

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just bought my truck 2 weeks ago and within 4 days I had a Bakflip HD installed. I love the top so far. Zero water issues with all the rain we just got in SoCal, and the self locking feature is nice. Tonight I had to haul some 8' tubing so I just folded it 2/3 rds of the way, bungied it with the included D rings and I was good to go.

So far, So good.

Reactions: cgpeanut

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
just to throw my .02 in:

just ordered a Leer 700 for my '10 Pro-4X but have not got it yet but it is a true hard top

LEER Tonneau Covers and Truck Bed Covers

got the keyless lock option & ran me 1200 installed

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like my Bakflip. It looks good, too.

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
bakflip-tonneau.com
If that doesn't work just do a search for bakflip. I got mine 18 months ago or so. Total cost then was $577.63. They were having a $50 rebate going at the time. Now the things are over $700. Don't they know we have a resession going on?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 354 Posts