Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any input on what is best Snorkel Kit for a 2017 Frontier ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Any input from those currently with a snorkel on their Frontier would be a big help, ie "Pro's & Con's" of having a snorkel. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I ordered one from Australia via Ebay. Haven't put it on yet.
Do a search here. There are a few members that have them.

A snorkeled truck sticks out like a sore thumb. Which is a little flashy for me, the more I think about it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered one from Australia via Ebay. Haven't put it on yet.
Do a search here. There are a few members that have them.

A snorkeled truck sticks out like a sore thumb. Which is a little flashy for me, the more I think about it.
I saw a kit from Australia in "4 X 4 Magazine" article on-line and it fit very well and came with a "fender cur-out guide" but it has no info on how to order kit.
I agree they do add a degree of flash but the more I read on how they have so much less dust entering to OEM filters really sold me on them.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the slow response. I can't find the exact one I bought from Ebay via Australia but these 2 are very similar:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/291997772739?ul_noapp=true
Snorkel nissan navara d40 after 2005 new | eBay

Here's another one posted on the other snorkel thread:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016DDY8V4?tag=vs-auto-convert-amazon-20

Thread:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/snorkel-installed-mostly-318137
Thank you for info and the pics were a very big too. I was concerned with the height & how close it was to top of windshield/roofline because I'm installing a a 50" RIGID Light bar as well. From the pics you posted it looks like I will have no interference between the two mods.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Thank you for info and the pics were a very big too. I was concerned with the height & how close it was to top of windshield/roofline because I'm installing a a 50" RIGID Light bar as well. From the pics you posted it looks like I will have no interference between the two mods.

Shouldn't be a problem. Post up your light bar once it's installed. I'd like to get one of those myself just not sure about mounting location - roof or bumper.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shouldn't be a problem. Post up your light bar once it's installed. I'd like to get one of those myself just not sure about mounting location - roof or bumper.
Ok, will do. It gets installed Wednesday 12/13. I had to have light bar mounting brackets designed & fabricated due to the rooftop cargo basket i currently have mounted. Standard brackets would not accommodate the cargo basket. I have clearance issues due to my garage so pretty much everything had to be fabricated..

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just received my Snorkel Kit by AIRFLOW from Australia. Very nice kit, well written instructions, mounting template, and hardware. Due to lack of tools, I'm going to have local Body Shop do the fender cuts, drilling, & mounting.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Anyone here know if this will fit on a 2009 Equator RMZ-4?
Only difference I see between the Zuki and Nissan is the Grill, head lights, and Badging. I think it would fit just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts