Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been trying to sell my II Gen SE 4x4 Crew Cab for months with no takers, it's even priced right. But anyway I've been thinking lately of possibly selling the pickup box and getting a Royal service body to put on the back and use this truck for work duty. Unfortunately no body makes one of these specifically for a Frontier or any import brand truck.

Royal does make an all aluminum box claimed just 200 lbs heavier than a stock pickup box. But only for the Chevrolet Colorado or Ranger. I was thinking if it could work for a Colorado why not a II gen Frontier? specs should be similar.

When I used to work in collision repair, sometimes we had to replace an entire bed on a truck and that would cost almost $10K for a new box from the factory, if we found a used one some were between $2-$4K and then about $1K more to paint and match if we had to.

I'm thinking I could get at least $4K or more for a perfect Frontier box, no dents with utili-track, oem spray in liner, white in color (Common color) etc.. what do you guys think.

This is what I'm looking to do with my Frontier possibly. Is there any reason why this wouldn't work on my Frontier? what would I have to modify to make it work?

This is what I've got now...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
you could easily get a few grand for the bed with the right buyer

as far as fitting the utility bed, there are a lot of variables to look for. sure the colorado and frontier might be in the same class and similar in size but that doesnt mean the bed will fit. youll have to get some measurements to be sure. track width, overall length, and placement of the wheel well in particular.

once you get that squared away the only thing you gotta worry about is fabbing up some mounts since they wont line up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Honestly, I owned a salvage yard and sold these things for years before I sold off the business. Bed is identical for last 5 years of production basically. I have seen beds go for $2K and even less in this economy. If you find someone that has to have a 4X4 long bed in white, you may get $2500 just so the guy doesn't have to paint anything. Check online salvage yards and you can get prices.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts