Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm working on building my suspension to where i want it slowly but surely. i'm goin with a capable yet, not overly-done style of suspension so i'm thinking of putting in the adjustable ride height bilstein 5100's up front and then rear bilsteins as well. with my lift coils this should be decent enough for my needs. I am not building a desert truck, it's more of a Trail approach Vehicle actually for winter back country skiing and some jeep road running for summer fun. if you know the san juans then you know the type of trails i'm on. anyone have any experience with these, feedback, or just any info on stuff i'm missing??
thanks,
Shawn

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with that set up. A million times better then a spacer lift.

What type of lift do you have in the rear?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
ahhh cool! im gonna look into that, cause that plus my 3in spacers would be a nice lift! Can i just buy the coils and then new, longer, shocks for the front? Is it that simple?

sorry to thread jack u.. just need that one answer

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha no worries man, i pretty much got my questions answered a while ago by another buddy. the only thing is that these coils are "not recommended for use with spacers." but you can just get some bilsteins with these coils and they should work beautifully

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All i am doing id putting these springs in with Bilstein 5125 adjustable ride height's. that's all you gotta do up front with 'em. thankfully the bilsteins are designed to correct the rake so you do not need to change the CV joints or anything. and in the rear the bilstein 5150's with an add a leaf pack and myh suspension will be done. it's amazing how simple they've made it for us with this set up. I probably won't have it all in til next summer actually. since i ahve the springs in i'l probably do the rear first you know? and put in the front shocks when i wear out my factory ones.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
cool cool! i think i will do the same thing you plan but with shackles instead of aal's (cheaper) ill keep in touch since ill probably do mine in the next few months

can you send me a link of the exact shocks you are putting up front?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they do, that's why they recommend that you get new shocks for it. but for my needs they will be fine, i dont knwo what kind of wheelin your doin

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
The recommendation to use them with different shocks is for ride quality, not to keep them from breaking. I never went offroad in mine and they still snapped. Just consider yourself warned.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
pics man pics lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I"m workin on it haha. i gotta steal my bro's camera and i'm pretty sure he isn't awake yet. i could always just go over to his house and get it i suppose haha

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
haha taken while asleep lmao

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Well if you do it. Take a pic of his facial expression for good laughs haha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts