Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2006 nissan frontier with a 4 liter engine has a check engine soon light on so i ran it with my code checker and it said camshaft position checker bank 2. what i need to know is what other year and engine has the same sensor. and can this be cleaned and reused. i don't like driving the truck this way but i live 40 miles from town and the only thing it has affected so far as i know is starting. i have a warranty but it is at the stealership in seattle called larsons and it costs more to drive clear across the state ,spend a night in a hotel eat then drive clear home than if i take it to a dealer here in spokane. 110 to diagnose that and any other problems,recalls ect.so if i knew what years and engine size had the same part that would be nice. the cheapest new good part with a lifetime warranty is about 80 bucks. anybody have good luck on ebay for this part? i am at a standstill until i get a little money payday.:serious:

·
Premium Member
6,088 Posts
Lots of opinions around here. Stay away from E-Bay is what I most recently recall. If this was my issue and due to any sensor reporting to the 'brain' of the engine...I'd go OEM/Nissan for such a part to better ensure decent communication under the hood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts