Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 EX King cab
I'm looking to replace the instrument panel with one that has a tach in it.
I'm like to know what years and different models would fit.
Best would be to find one from a 1999, but I'm hoping other years and models would be easier to find

·
Registered
337 Posts
1999 EX King cab
I'm looking to replace the instrument panel with one that has a tach in it.
I'm like to know what years and different models would fit.
Best would be to find one from a 1999, but I'm hoping other years and models would be easier to find
https://www.ebay.com/i/221378154433?chn=ps&dispItem=1
That link will give you some options of style and mounting points. I think, if the style and mounting look good, my bet (and the house always wins) is that it would work. My logic, I just think the wiring harness would be universal to the model, engine, and year, and some connections would not be used, in the lower models.

·
Registered
131 Posts
As I've never been in any other Frontier but my own, I am not certain which will fit. But I know my truck has a tachometer. So I'll give you the model and maybe it will help. I have a 2001 SE Desert Runner. In all it has 4 guages. Tachometer, speedometer, gas gauge, and temperature gauge. Plus the odometer with 2 tripometers on a digital screen. Not a fancy screen either, just the simplistic kind. But I hope you can find what you need for your build!

I personally was thinking of adding a battery meter. I think it would be helpful often, especially when camping.

Sent from my bathroom sink using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks
I'm going to watch craig's list and check some of the junk yards to see what I can see.
Part number for the printed circuit is the same for 1998 to 2001.
No separate number for with, or without, a tach, so I'm guessing it's the same.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Back in the old days, there used to have Hollanders manuals.
It would give a listing of what would fit what of different vehicles.
Not sure if it's still being made.

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Back in the old days, there used to have Hollanders manuals.
It would give a listing of what would fit what of different vehicles.
Not sure if it's still being made.
Hollander's is still around, but it's all digital manuals now, not paper. They're expensive, too, unless you own an auto salvage business. They also make an edition for restorers and collectors. For the average Joe, it would make more sense to go to a salvage yard and have them look it up...or call them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts