Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I both a 2000 nissan frontier dessert runner yesterday, that it have a bad motor , i need to know if the nissan quest engine 2001 will fit in this car? i think the engine block vg33e is the same. all i have to change is the heads wich i think the different is the quest have 2 valve per cylender and the frontier has 4 .... let me know if am rigth on this need to fix asap and the engine are to much money in the junk yard

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking my self as I type this. I have a 2001 vg33e bad motor as well. Bad heads. I did some research and the bone yards up here in mass are looking at $750 for a used motor w/88,000 miles. I know the manufactors date on the door jam is key to an easy swap. My 01 has a manufactors date of 10/00 . Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know the engines differ alot, however I believe the block is the same. I know the intake will need to be swapped as well as the exhaust manifolds, etc. I have researched part#s and they seem to be the same . Hopefully some one will fill us in on the matter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i rebuilt the engine put new crank shaft and bearing the whole nine yards...... but know i can hear a lifter sounds .......it that is some thing to do with the timing??? any suggestions????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts