Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Nismo KC with a PRG 2" spacer/AAL lift and was in between the Goodyear Duratracs in the 265/75/16 ($160) size and not worry about rubbing and do everything year around performance, no performance loss, no mpg loss, and overall good quality tire or go with the Definity Dakota MT's in a 285/75/16 ($145), which are getting great reviews, look great, will make my truck sit higher, look aggressive, drop my mpg, performance loss due to size, have to do trimming and rub here and there, and I guess a lower quality tire with not as good overall performance. Any thoughts would be good. :)

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
my advice to get better answers would be to compose your posts to be clear, punctual, and concise. i read your post twice and its still kinda vague what your are asking.

i loved my BFG all terrain k/o's when i was running them on my truck. great all-around tires.

·
Premium Member
6,426 Posts
what kind of driving are you gonna be doin with these ?

just for future reference there is a tire/wheels section now :)

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
If you are going to just drive it on the street, then I would stick to an A/T. If you go offroading where you need the M/T, then go for that.

In the end it all depends on your driving style and what your needs are.

Heck, some of the more extreme guys have a couple of sets of tires if they still use their truck as a Daily Driver. They use a set of A/Ts for daily driving and then will switch out to M/Ts for hitting the more involved trails.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I just want opinions on should I run 265 or 285 tire. I may go with an aggresive AT tire like the Duratracs. With rising gas prices and the fact that our trucks are not the greatest in mpg I am leaning towards the 265 size and lets face it its cheaper.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Ohhh, since you are mpg concious then you should probably do a 255/85 series tire. This will give you the lift but without the extra resistance the 285 will have. You may have a traction issues but that is solved by just lightly applying the skinny pedal.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
i loved my BFG all terrain k/o's when i was running them on my truck. great all-around tires.
BFG All Terrain all the way. Best rubber I've ever had on any truck. Granted I've only had two but still... Lol.

Anyway, first set of A/T's on my old Ranger went 80,000 miles and still had tread left. Bought a new set just because I wanted new tires. They're excellent in snow, good in rain, good in dirt, not so good in mud but not terrible. Terrific all around truck tire. Never once got my 2wd Ranger stuck and routinely drove through a foot plus of snow and slush in upstate NY.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts