Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on upgrading the entire stereo system in my 2005 Frontier King Cab 4X4. I am debating on putting components (6.5" speakers with the seperate tweeters) in the front door with the small tweeters in the dash top openings (the stock location near the windshield bottom), OR 6.5" coaxials with 3.5" coaxials in the dash top locations (If they will fit). Anyway, what size speaker will fit in the stock dash top locations? Has anyone used 3.5" speakers on the dash top? I know the small tweets will fit, but I was wondering about the larger 3.5's.

I will probably go with Clif Designs speakers and amps all around. I am also debating between components in the rear OR coaxials. I will be adding a 10" top of the line subwoofer from Clif Designs as well, downfiring in a stealth style enclosure that will look like a center console in between the rear seats. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I am still trying to figure out what size the dash top speaker holes are (I know a small tweeter will fit, I am trying to see how big I can go up on there on the dash top location). Will a 3.5 inch coaxial speaker fit up there? I figure, if a small tweeter sounds good there, then an upgrade from a 1" tweeter to a 3.5" coaxial will only sound better if driven correctly and properly set up crossover-wise. Then I can use a coaxial in the lower front door location. Anyway, what is the biggest speaker that will fit in the dash top location with little or no modifications. Let me know. Thank. -Todd

I like the idea of having a center channel speaker like you suggested 'PhotoPirate', but I am trying to go for a hidden 'stealth' system. Plus, I think the center channel is geared more for people with video/dvd/videogame setups. I am not going with the video stuff (I guess I am old school, but I save the video stuff for home). Cool idea on the center channel location though!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts